Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact info for Amex payoff

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Contact info for Amex payoff

@Anonymous wrote:

I also work for fortune 500 company and I also needed an AMEX corporate card, I applied 4 years ago knowing my credit was horrible from my student loans and I was DENIED. The company backs the card but AMEX still pulls your profile. It was the most embarassing thing ever, I had to do alot of travels and my senior VP asked why I dont have an AMEX and I had to request for reimbursement and submit expense report all the time. I couldn't answer it really - 

But save yourself the trouble, do try to fix your personal profile with AMEX before you try to get your corporate card. Good luck!

Wow...

Message 21 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I also work for fortune 500 company and I also needed an AMEX corporate card, I applied 4 years ago knowing my credit was horrible from my student loans and I was DENIED. The company backs the card but AMEX still pulls your profile. It was the most embarassing thing ever, I had to do alot of travels and my senior VP asked why I dont have an AMEX and I had to request for reimbursement and submit expense report all the time. I couldn't answer it really - 

But save yourself the trouble, do try to fix your personal profile with AMEX before you try to get your corporate card. Good luck!

Wow...

Wow indeed...

Apparently this varies quite a bit from company to company. 

It's notable that with some companies you can have wrecked credit and even negative history with Amex themselves and still get a Corporate card (me), yet with another company simply having some student loan issues is enough to be a show-stopper.

This being said, for anybody in a similar situation it would seem the only way to know for certain is to simply apply and see what happens.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know right?!?!  Since then it became an obsession that I get an American Express --- so my signature says it all, I'm finally able to get AMEX without a problem. Thank goodness, but now I changed to a different department where traveling is no longer needed so there's really no need for any AMEX corporate card. Anyway, I was told the same before that it doesn't matter what my credit was and apply snce it's a corporate card, so I went and did it... just to get an email that it was not approved, now I wonder if my boss received the email that I didn't get it - since she has to approve when I requested it.

Message 23 of 25
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Lushi wrote:

Hello, I would like to payoff an old, charged off, Amex debt (included in BR 7 years ago). What telephone number should I call? I've been getting a bit of a run around. Also, my company is going to require me to get an Amex corporate card, and I'd like to clear this old debt up to prevent any issues with obtaining the corporate card.  Thank you for your help!

Thanks, everyone, for your replies.  My company is a fairly large company, Fortune 300, and I know that Amex will be doing a soft pull on employees' credit reports.  Although I have been trying to pay this bill for awhile, I don't want it to become an employment issue/embarassment, and would like to have this behind me prior to their moving forward.

I will continue to push/pull with Amex until I get this resolved.  I will update with contact information once I get to the correct entity.

Here are two numbers you can call: 800-700-7619 or 800-921-6490.

Mention that you have a charge off account that was IIB that you want to pay off. Keep in mind that it can take up to 60 days for Amex to update their records in all their systems. So after you pay them and apply for an account you might get rejected, so be ready to send them proof of payment.

Also, with Corporate cards, the company administrator that handles the cards can override a denial with a company guaranty.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 24 of 25
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lushi wrote:

Hello, I would like to payoff an old, charged off, Amex debt (included in BR 7 years ago). What telephone number should I call? I've been getting a bit of a run around. Also, my company is going to require me to get an Amex corporate card, and I'd like to clear this old debt up to prevent any issues with obtaining the corporate card.  Thank you for your help!

If your company is requiring you to get a corporate card, they're likely checking the history of the company when it comes to using charge or credit cards and not yours. You would be an authorized user, so I don't think it would be a big deal if they had one of their corporate cards with your name on it,as long as it isn't your account but the company's. 

Amex does a SP when you apply for a corporate card with the individual bill feature and can deny you. When this happens, the company will most likely override their decision.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.