Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting Discover EO for CLI

tag
scottykhan
Contributor

Contacting Discover EO for CLI

Since I recently had a great Success with Cap1 one EO on all my three cards, I'm thinking to contact Discover EO office for CLI. I got $300 incease after 6 months and now my limit is $1500. What you think about that???? I read on other boards people did have success on it.

BOA Priviliges: $10000

Merrill +: $15000

Fidelity: $10000

BOA Amex: $15000

AMEX Platinum: NPSL 

AMEX True Earnings: $8000

AMEX HHonors: $10000

CAP One Platinum: $10000 (thru EO Office)

Cap One Cash Back: $10000( Thru EO Office)

Cap One Best Buy: $7500 (thru EO Office)

Barclays: $2500

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Contacting Discover EO for CLI

You typically want to use EO as the last resort, and you should try exhausting Discover credit dept first before escalating. Have you spoken to an analyst for a manual review with HP?

Message 2 of 6
scottykhan
Contributor

That will be a HP isn't it? How did get 40K with them????

Message 3 of 6
mxp114
Valued Contributor

It is HP and probably TransUnion too. I got my limit via the credit dept, took a HP for it but worth it. The credit dept can manually review and make a decision, I'm sure you could get a much higher limit if you try.

Message 4 of 6
NCGirl
New Contributor

I second CLI with Discover was done with only a SP. I told them I wanted the CLI but I didn't want a HP. The credit analysis took my information and then told me it was approved. They also told me that if they would need to do a HP, they would let me know before doing it.

Now my first CLI with Discover was a HP.

Hope it works out for you.

Starting Score: 689
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 770

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Amex BCE, Discover, FNBO AMEX, Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa, Blue for Business
(In the garden until November 2013)
Next card Visa Signature - World Elite MC(Business)
Message 5 of 6
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

EO should be the last resort. I've had my Discover card for almost a year in September and still no credit limit increase. I heavly use this card as well and I just pushed a $1400 payment through to them. Oh well. I'm just not gonna use it anymore for now b/c I have higher limit cards that meet my needs.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.