Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continental Airlines/American Express Rewards Ending Partnership 9/30/11

tag
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

Continental Airlines/American Express Rewards Ending Partnership 9/30/11

I did a search and didn't come up with anything but for those who use American Express and transfer those rewards to Continental OnePass may be interested. Luckily I rarely fly Continental so this doesn't really affect me. I wonder if we will see a new partnership between AmEx and an airline in the future.

Continental's partnership with the American Express® Membership Rewards® program is ending. The last day you can transfer Membership Rewards® points into your OnePass® account is Sept. 30, 2011. After that date, this option will no longer exist. To continue using points for OnePass reward travel on Continental, United and 25 other airlines, here's what to do:

• Transfer them now. Don't wait until the last minute — transfer points now.
  • Transfer them for all your future reward travel. Turn points into miles and bank them for all your future reward travel.
  • Transfer yourself to more than 370 worldwide destinations. After OnePass and Mileage Plus® are combined in 2012, your miles will be automatically moved into the new program so you can use them to fly on the world’s leading airline network.

The countdown is on — turn points into OnePass miles while you still can.

Web Site: Transfer now on continental.com (U.S. residents only) or www.membershiprewards.com

Phone Number: 800.AXP.EARN

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Continental Airlines/American Express Rewards Ending Partnership 9/30/11

This is part of the Continental/United merger.  Chase holds alot of United debt so there's a conflict with Continental being an Amex partner.  In any event, if you don't fly Continental, but you fly United, you can still take advantage of this because you can transfer all of your Continental OnePass miles into United Mileageplus miles right now.  Effectively, United is a membership rewards partner for Amex until Continental goes away. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.