Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert CS to CSP

tag
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Convert CS to CSP

Has anyone had any success converting his/her Sapphire to the Preferred version?

If you convert - do you get to take advantage of the signup bonus?

Current Cards:
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Techno
Contributor

Re: Convert CS to CSP

Iv'e never done the PC but anyone with a little knowledge about chase bank and their policies will tell you that first.

You can PC if you have a limit over 5k on your CS to get CSP with the visa signature benefits.

Chase sapphire preffered is worth it for most people for the signup offer, otherwise not very much unless you spend alot on resturants and use the UR effectively.

other than that you will not get a signup bonus, under any circumstances for any PC from any lender.

You could however apply for CSP and transfer your limit and close the old CS, which i would consider only for the amazing signup bonus. which is 400$ and 0 first year.

Did you end up with the CS because u werent approved for the CSP or you chose that as a start now wanting to upgrade?

Message 2 of 7
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

The CS was recommended to me by Credit Karma - I applied and was approved for 5K which was weird because I got denied for the CSP just a month earlier.

I don't care about the signup bonus .. but I see a lot of talk about the CSP here and no one even mentions the regular version so I thought I'd ask.

Current Cards:
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 4 of 7
bch238
Regular Contributor

Yes, you can convert a standard Sapphire to Sapphire Preferred.  I did it using secure messaging, but you can probably do it on the phone, too.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 5 of 7
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Altayar, you can probably convert it but I wouldn't recommend it as you will not receive the sign up bonus. I recommend apping for the CSP with the 40k points link on their website and then requesting that the CS limit be transferred to the CSP. Even if for some reason you are instantly denied, don't be discouraged. Talk to a human on the phone and explain to them that you want to transfer the CL on your CS over to your CSP. When they hear that, they work with you. I apped for the CSP because the CS wasn't worth it. I love my CSP! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Chase doesnt give sign up bonuses for PC. One of the best things about CSP is the sign up bonus. I would submit a new app then reallocate your CS limit to the new CSP.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.