cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Target Red Card To Red Card Visa?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Convert Target Red Card To Red Card Visa?

Is it possible to convert the regular Target Red Card to their Visa?

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

Re: Convert Target Red Card To Red Card Visa?

I think they basically discontinued it a couple of years ago when Chase took over (prior to TD Bank), but they did allow existing Target Visa cardholders to keep their accounts.
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chase never owned target but yes the visa has been gone for some time but those who had it got to keep it.
Message 3 of 6
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

True. Chase's role was a bit more complicated than that.... http://voices.yahoo.com/jp-morgan-chase-agrees-buy-interest-target-receivables-1443529.html
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 4 of 6
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

There have been rumors that TD Bank may bring the Visa back. But, you can get the same rewards at Target with the Red Card.

We have the Visa and find it useless outside of Target. Back in the day, they offered rewards for purchases outside of Target but this is no longer the case.

So, the Debit card or the Red card will get you the same thing.

The 5% does add up. So far this year, we have saved $290 by using the Target Visa.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

There have been rumors that TD Bank may bring the Visa back. But, you can get the same rewards at Target with the Red Card.

We have the Visa and find it useless outside of Target. Back in the day, they offered rewards for purchases outside of Target but this is no longer the case.

So, the Debit card or the Red card will get you the same thing.

The 5% does add up. So far this year, we have saved $290 by using the Target Visa.

+1

I have contacted them to have my card changed to a VISA and was told they are not currently doing it. My CL is only $900 but I only use about $200-200 a month at Tar-jayyy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.