Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert citi thank you card to thank you preferred

tag
waihao0405
Established Member

Convert citi thank you card to thank you preferred

I have a citi thank you card. I am wondering is there anyways I can convert it to the preferred card? Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Convert citi thank you card to thank you preferred

Hi and Welcome to the forum!

You should be able to PC it with no problems... have you called Citi yet?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 7
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

I tried to convert my TY preferred to TY premier. I was told no and that I would have to apply for Premier. I now have now Preferred and Premier

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 3 of 7
waihao0405
Established Member

i talked to them maybe like 2 months ago but they were not letting me convert. maybe i will speak to them again in a few month to see

Message 4 of 7
gsxrgt
New Contributor

I just did the same thing this passed weekend and they let me go from Thank You to Thank You preferred. He said it would be a new account number. Little worried that its going to show up on my report as a new line with the old one cancelled. He said I'd have to confirm everything once I got the new card. I'll give them a call when I get it and see. 

Chase Ritz 20.5K, Freedom 11K, Chase Marriott 11K, Citi Prestige 12.5K, Citi Aadvantage Platinum 10.5k, Barclay US Airways 12.5k, Discover IT 12.7K, Amex BCP 23K, Amex PRG, Penfed Platinum Rewards 11K, Penfed PLOC 25k
Message 5 of 7
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

I have had several Citi products.  I received my first Citi card approx 16 years ago.  Each time that I change to a different product, the old trade line tends to follow the new account.

Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@rudy0720 wrote:

I tried to convert my TY preferred to TY premier. I was told no and that I would have to apply for Premier. I now have now Preferred and Premier

This is going from a no AF card to one with an AF.  How long had you had the Preferred?   If it's less than 13 months they might say the CARD Act prevents this.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.