Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert from QuickSilver One to QuickSilver

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Convert from QuickSilver One to QuickSilver

I actually regret PCing my platinum to a Quicksilver one but at the time it was my only card and I was interested in having a rewards card. I've noticed that it is easier to go from platinum to the Quicksilver than QS1 to QS. I've tried monthly to get them to upgrade and keep getting the same you have no offers available" I think the best way is to apply for another capital one card then six months combine. If they don't upgrade my card by my anniversary date I will most likely be closing my account
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh No... I was hoping to be able to do the same thing too. I'm rebuilding after a series of unfortunate events that damaged my credit (not of my own doing), so I guess we will see what happens.

Message 12 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I had a lot of 'angst' with my old QS1 getting upgraded... the card was converted to a QS1 from an Orchard/HSBC Platinum MasterCard, and many people told me that because of that it probably would never be upgradable... thankfully that wasn't the case.

I tried repeatedly - and was repeatedly told "there is no offer available".  Then finally there was an offer... I could PC to a QS or a Venture One... of course I chose the QS.  In my case, the card was nearly nine years old at the time (had been Capital One for three years) so it did take me a while.  As it's already been mentioned, some people are able to get a PC in a matter of months... it's very much YMMV.

I'll also add for anybody wanting to get an upgrade to a Signature/World card... usually the easiest way to do this is to PC the card once your credit line is $5k or higher.  Several people on here have had success with getting the upgrade this way, since otherwise it tends to be rather elusive.  This is actually one of the few times a PC to a Venture One would make sense (then PC back to QS six months later... when you PC back you would keep the Signature/World status). 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.