Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert to Quicksilver

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Re: Convert to Quicksilver

Are all Cap One Platinum cards eventually being converted to Quicksiler cards? My Platinum card has no AF, and 2% gas/groceries and 1% everything else. I'd rather keep it just the way it is...

Message 11 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Marcos8 wrote:

Are all Cap One Platinum cards eventually being converted to Quicksiler cards? My Platinum card has no AF, and 2% gas/groceries and 1% everything else. I'd rather keep it just the way it is...

The EO told me that several million accounts were being considered for conversion, don't know what fraction that is, and how many "considered" will get converted.  I know the Cash Rewards group are being converted, but that's fairly unlikely to cause too many complaints (just getting the extra .5% all the time rather than in a lump sum.)  Maybe if you are going to be converted, you can ask them not to.

Message 12 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Marcos8 wrote:

Curiosity question as I'm likely missing something: 1.5% cash flat is a solid card from a rewards perspective, and there's tons of cards which can do 2/2 on gas/groceries or better honestly.  You may be able to keep it, but not sure why you'd really want to in the current market unless you have a FIA or similar (or JCB) card at higher default percentages... of course then the 2% gas/groceries would be irrelevant anyway Smiley Happy.

        
Message 13 of 15
Marcos8
Established Contributor

I understand your point. I just felt that I could potentially capitalize more off the gas/grocery benefit if necessary.

Message 14 of 15
Mellon
Established Contributor

On yesterday I contacted CapOne on FB and asked what options did I have to convert my Platinum card (formerly Orchard card)..they replied they would call me today.. and lo and behold they did call me and advised that they can upgrade me to Quicksilver  with the 1.5% cash back feature. They said they couldn't do anything about the annual fee right now and to call them next year when it posts (Feb) and then they can see what options exists... I didn't press it.. at least I was able to at least get some kind of reward feature on a card I've had since 2006. I'll tackle the AF and CLI next year...

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.