Senior Contributor
longtimelurker

Convert to Quicksilver

Just want to see what others have experienced as time line.   I have (had) two Cap One Plat cards, and I received letters saying they would be converted to QS.  One was immediate, the other said it would happen in Nov.

I got the QS cards for the first card some time ago, and now with the new Web design, it shows up as Visa Signature.   The other card just had its reward structure updated to 1.5% on all purchases, but still shows as Visa Plat.    

So are there Quicksilver's that aren't Signatures (not Quicksilver One)?   It's fine if it stays Plat, just seems strange as the CL is over 50% more than the other one!

Most active cards: Amex BC ($50K), Cap One QS ($33K) Fidelity Amex ($20K)
Others: CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS, Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi TY Preferred, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 841 (Jul)
Senior Contributor
mongstradamus

Re: Convert to Quicksilver

longtimelurker wrote:

Just want to see what others have experienced as time line.   I have (had) two Cap One Plat cards, and I received letters saying they would be converted to QS.  One was immediate, the other said it would happen in Nov.

I got the QS cards for the first card some time ago, and now with the new Web design, it shows up as Visa Signature.   The other card just had its reward structure updated to 1.5% on all purchases, but still shows as Visa Plat.    

So are there Quicksilver's that aren't Signatures (not Quicksilver One)?   It's fine if it stays Plat, just seems strange as the CL is over 50% more than the other one!

actually just got new cap one card I pc. Went from old wmc no hassle rewards or something card to qs wmc. Same credit limit same interest rate and everything.

EX Fico 770 5/12/2014 Fako 806 CS/Credit.com 7/23/14
EQ SW 807 quizzle fako 796 7/19/14
TU Fico 804 7/24/2014 Fako 751 Creditkarma 7/12/2014
Frequent Contributor
L-TWT

Yes, QS comes in non-signature versions......

Portfolio: Amex BCE (21.6k) | Cap1 QS VS (15k) | Citi Dividend WEMC (30K)

"Having a credit card is nice, but cash is king"
Valued Contributor
FinStar

L-TWT wrote:

Yes, QS comes in non-signature versions......

+1

Same in their MC versions, offered in either the Platinum and World flavors.

Senior Contributor
longtimelurker

OK, I will wait and see if my biggest CL Visa stays as a Plat!

Others: CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS, Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi TY Preferred, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus
Valued Contributor
-Wade-

How Do You Determine Whether I Will Receive QS The Visa Signature Or QS  Visa Platinum Card?
Your credit history and application will be reviewed to determine your credit line. If you are approved for a credit line less than $5,000, you will receive a Visa Platinum card. Some terms and benefits are not available with the Visa Platinum card. See our Complete Guide to Credit Card Benefits for Visa Platinum card benefit information.
We will determine your credit line after a review of your application. The minimum credit line is $3,000 for the QS.
*** Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 806 (04/04/2014) Discover TU Fico - 808 (07/03/2014) myFico EX - 804 ( 07/08/2014 ) myFico TU - XXX ( xx/xx/xx ) Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 10.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 8.8 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ****** FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 806 *** TU 808 *** EX 804 ***
****** ****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores
Senior Contributor
longtimelurker

Wade64 wrote:
How Do You Determine Whether I Will Receive QS The Visa Signature Or QS  Visa Platinum Card?
Your credit history and application will be reviewed to determine your credit line. If you are approved for a credit line less than $5,000, you will receive a Visa Platinum card. Some terms and benefits are not available with the Visa Platinum card. See our Complete Guide to Credit Card Benefits for Visa Platinum card benefit information.
We will determine your credit line after a review of your application. The minimum credit line is $3,000 for the QS.

OK.   My CL is $33K, so it should be a sig, but this is for the original app I guess, not a PC.

Valued Contributor
FinStar

longtimelurker wrote:

Wade64 wrote:

OK.   My CL is $33K, so it should be a sig, but this is for the original app I guess, not a PC.

I would think it's possible to PC to Signature (post PC?) - I would contact the EO to see if the flexibility is there longtimelurker.  This should have been Visa Signature long ago.

Valued Contributor
-Wade-

longtimelurker wrote:

Wade64 wrote:

Yes original app..   With your 33K CL you should be able to get the Sig easy

*** Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 806 (04/04/2014) Discover TU Fico - 808 (07/03/2014) myFico EX - 804 ( 07/08/2014 ) myFico TU - XXX ( xx/xx/xx ) Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 10.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 8.8 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ****** FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 806 *** TU 808 *** EX 804 ***
****** ****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores
Valued Contributor
-Wade-

FinStar wrote:

longtimelurker wrote:

Wade64 wrote:

I would think it's possible to PC to Signature (post PC?) - I would contact the EO to see if the flexibility is there longtimelurker.  This should have been Visa Signature long ago.

+1

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+