Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert to Quicksilver

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Convert to Quicksilver

Just want to see what others have experienced as time line.   I have (had) two Cap One Plat cards, and I received letters saying they would be converted to QS.  One was immediate, the other said it would happen in Nov.

I got the QS cards for the first card some time ago, and now with the new Web design, it shows up as Visa Signature.   The other card just had its reward structure updated to 1.5% on all purchases, but still shows as Visa Plat.    

So are there Quicksilver's that aren't Signatures (not Quicksilver One)?   It's fine if it stays Plat, just seems strange as the CL is over 50% more than the other one!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Convert to Quicksilver

@longtimelurker wrote:

Just want to see what others have experienced as time line.   I have (had) two Cap One Plat cards, and I received letters saying they would be converted to QS.  One was immediate, the other said it would happen in Nov.

I got the QS cards for the first card some time ago, and now with the new Web design, it shows up as Visa Signature.   The other card just had its reward structure updated to 1.5% on all purchases, but still shows as Visa Plat.    

So are there Quicksilver's that aren't Signatures (not Quicksilver One)?   It's fine if it stays Plat, just seems strange as the CL is over 50% more than the other one!

actually just got new cap one card I pc. Went from old wmc no hassle rewards or something card to qs wmc. Same credit limit same interest rate and everything.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 15
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Yes, QS comes in non-signature versions......

Message 3 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@L-TWT wrote:

Yes, QS comes in non-signature versions......

+1

Same in their MC versions, offered in either the Platinum and World flavors.

Message 4 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

OK, I will wait and see if my biggest CL Visa stays as a Plat!

Message 5 of 15
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

How Do You Determine Whether I Will Receive QS The Visa Signature Or QS  Visa Platinum Card?
Your credit history and application will be reviewed to determine your credit line. If you are approved for a credit line less than $5,000, you will receive a Visa Platinum card. Some terms and benefits are not available with the Visa Platinum card. See our Complete Guide to Credit Card Benefits for Visa Platinum card benefit information.
We will determine your credit line after a review of your application. The minimum credit line is $3,000 for the QS.
"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:
How Do You Determine Whether I Will Receive QS The Visa Signature Or QS  Visa Platinum Card?
Your credit history and application will be reviewed to determine your credit line. If you are approved for a credit line less than $5,000, you will receive a Visa Platinum card. Some terms and benefits are not available with the Visa Platinum card. See our Complete Guide to Credit Card Benefits for Visa Platinum card benefit information.
We will determine your credit line after a review of your application. The minimum credit line is $3,000 for the QS.

OK.   My CL is $33K, so it should be a sig, but this is for the original app I guess, not a PC.

Message 7 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

OK.   My CL is $33K, so it should be a sig, but this is for the original app I guess, not a PC.

I would think it's possible to PC to Signature (post PC?) - I would contact the EO to see if the flexibility is there longtimelurker.  This should have been Visa Signature long ago.

Message 8 of 15
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

Yes original app..   With your 33K CL you should be able to get the Sig easy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 9 of 15
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

I would think it's possible to PC to Signature (post PC?) - I would contact the EO to see if the flexibility is there longtimelurker.  This should have been Visa Signature long ago.

+1

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.