Established Contributor
logan_720

Re: Converted Chase Freedom from VISA to MC

LS2982 wrote:

OlegWasHere wrote:

what are the pros of switching over? 

The only pro for me was I have only one MC and thats in litle iddy biddy pieces on the bottom of my shredder can (Cap1), and I have 3 Visa's so I need a good rewards MC.

Isn't the reward structure based off the card itself and not the network it runs on?

Revelate

logan_720 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

OlegWasHere wrote:

what are the pros of switching over? 

The only pro for me was I have only one MC and thats in litle iddy biddy pieces on the bottom of my shredder can (Cap1), and I have 3 Visa's so I need a good rewards MC.

Isn't the reward structure based off the card itself and not the network it runs on?

Yes, but occasionally the Visa network is down for whatever reason, so having a MC does help.  The rewards are neutral, but I think LS was looking at this more from a: "MC which doesn't suck" perspective.  Though admittedly that's a hugely relattive statement.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
LTomBerry

I got a CSP and Freedom in February, both Visas. I asked if I could change the Freedom to Mastercard, they said I had to wait a year.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+