cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting BB HSBC Card to a real CAP 1 Card?

tag
amac373
Established Member

Converting BB HSBC Card to a real CAP 1 Card?

Has anyone ever converted one of their Best Buy CCs to a better Capital One card like Cash Rewards or something? I have had my low CL HSBC Best Buy card since I was in college and needed to buy a computer. I still have it and would love to convert it to something better Cap 1 offers. I also would prefer to not have 3 HPs since I am technically their customer right now. I have much better cards now like Discover IT and Chase Freedom and would love to dump this old Best Buy card. Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Converting BB HSBC Card to a real CAP 1 Card?

@amac373 wrote:

Has anyone ever converted one of their Best Buy CCs to a better Capital One card like Cash Rewards or something? I have had my low CL HSBC Best Buy card since I was in college and needed to buy a computer. I still have it and would love to convert it to something better Cap 1 offers. I also would prefer to not have 3 HPs since I am technically their customer right now. I have much better cards now like Discover IT and Chase Freedom and would love to dump this old Best Buy card. Thanks for any help!

Highly unlikely, especially since they are selling it to CITI.   

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citibank-Is-Taking-Over-CapitalOne-s-Best-Buy-Portfolio...

I think if you want a Capital One card, you need to apply. 

Message 2 of 6
amac373
Established Member

Oh wow. I guess if I could have waited another hour I would have gotten my answer from that new post. Thanks for passing on the info.

Message 3 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

AFAIK Cap1 will not upgrade co branded cards to one of their cards.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
AFAIK Cap1 will not upgrade co branded cards to one of their cards.

Nor their store cards which OP has.

Message 5 of 6
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

I have a Best buy card as well but was planning on paying it off and just closing it. anyway.  It has a super low limit and an AF of 29 I think.  I don't need it for anything outside of a super low TL which is probably doing my FICO more harm then good its so low.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.