Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Citi credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Converting Citi credit card

I have the Citi Platinum Select card, 6.74% interest variable, zero balance. It has no rewards so I use it as a back up to Discover and Amex.

Will Citi convert it to a reward card? If so which one should I get? Or should I just keep the card? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Converting Citi credit card

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the Citi Platinum Select card, 6.74% interest variable, zero balance. It has no rewards so I use it as a back up to Discover and Amex.

Will Citi convert it to a reward card? If so which one should I get? Or should I just keep the card? Thanks.

They declined my request for the same product change just a few weeks ago but I wish you more success!!!

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They declined my request for the same product change just a few weeks ago but I wish you more success!!!

From a BK years ago to:

3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Whats In Your FICO Score

Which card did you try to get?

Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I didn't ask for any specific card. I just asked them if a product change of any kind was possible and was told no.

I probably could have called right back and talked to a different CSR and been told something different.

From a BK years ago to:

3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh okay. If I can decide which card I would rather have I will give Citi a call and see what they say.

I have been getting pre approval letters for the Diamond and the CashReturns but I really do not want a new account. I would rather just convert.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.