Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting a Chase Visa into a Visa Signature

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Converting a Chase Visa into a Visa Signature

@kdm31091 wrote:
With most issuers, going to Visa Signature isn't a product change. It's just how it works with all Chase products

Where are you getting that info from? a month after my sons SW visa got CLI to $5.5k,  from 4.5k, they sent him a new signature card automatically. I dont think that they consider it a PC - well, maybe on certain selected cards they do, but that is not unilateral

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 11 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Converting a Chase Visa into a Visa Signature

@fltireguy wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
With most issuers, going to Visa Signature isn't a product change. It's just how it works with all Chase products

Where are you getting that info from? a month after my sons SW visa got CLI to $5.5k,  from 4.5k, they sent him a new signature card automatically. I dont think that they consider it a PC - well, maybe on certain selected cards they do, but that is not unilateral

Issuers have policies, but it doesn't mean they follow them when they themselves initiate an upgrade.

If you call and ask for a Visa Signature upgrade, you will be told you have to wait until the card is a year old, just like a product change with them. Since Visa Signature is really not a product change, and doesn't require a fee etc, there's nothing in the CARD act that forces them to make you wait a year. They just usually do, at least they did in the past. 

It's also possible that just getting a CLI will get them to send you a Signature card without you having to do anything -- and in some cases could be before the year passes. But at least in the past, for direct requests to upgrade, many were told to wait a year.

That said, last year some things did change with Chase and Visa Signature. Amazon cards were being issued as Signature even below 5k. So it could be that now they are looser about the whole upgrade thing.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.