Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convincing CapOne to remove 1 late payment from my reports

tag
Zahnrosen
Contributor

Convincing CapOne to remove 1 late payment from my reports

As a little background, I've got 3 Capital One credit cards (all with low CL) and my car loan as well. I've been with them for several years and have always paid my bills on time. Recently my wife and I moved and during the process, one of the credit card's didn't get paid on time. So, it reported as 30 days late to the credit burea and I dropped 50 points from my credit report. Now, we were planning on buying a house in the next 6-12 months, but that one late is really killing my report. I know that as the next few months pass the 50 drop drop will reduce and I'll be closer to where I started. But, if I could somehow convince CapOne to change the report, I'd be in good shape so much sooner.

Now, I've paid all my CapOne accounts current and I've signed all 3 CCs up for CapOne's automatic payment service. I spoke to their Customer Service about the situation and they were very nice about the whole thing. The rep I spoke to agreed to go ahead and dispute things with the credit bureaus and also to refund all the late fees. Well, that's all fine and good but disputing it with the burea isn't going to remove this from my report. As I understand it, the bureau will just inquire with CapOne about this, and if CapOne confirms the payment was late, it'll stay on my record. The rep I spoke to acknowledged this and suggested I speak to his manager. Well, again, he was very nice but didn't have the authority to do anything.

At this point, I'm wondering if I could write a good will letter or something to CapOne and somehow convince them to remove this. I'm open to any suggestions on how to handle this.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Convincing CapOne to remove 1 late payment from my reports

well not sure if you have any luck since it seems valid reporting but you could email executive services, I know I cant post the email here though

Message 2 of 4
Zahnrosen
Contributor

Yes, sadly it is an accurate review. Hence the inquiry to the credit bureau will likely go nowhere. Is there any chance you can share the email address in a PM?

Message 3 of 4
john398
Senior Contributor

@Zahnrosen wrote:

Yes, sadly it is an accurate review. Hence the inquiry to the credit bureau will likely go nowhere. Is there any chance you can share the email address in a PM?

Done

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.