Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Email Offer- 500 pts for asking for CLI US Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool Email Offer- 500 pts for asking for CLI US Bank

Got an email from US Bank offering up to 4k CLI on card and 500 for requesting the increase.  Of course I requested and it was approved!  This is the first time a bank has solicited me with points to ask for a CLI.  I like this!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cool Email Offer- 500 pts for asking for CLI US Bank

Appears alot of these emails are going out today.. congrats

Message 2 of 11
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  Got a similar message today.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

HP?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

HP?

If they offered to do it I highly doubt it would be a HP

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No HP alerts yet.  THe wording did say something to the effect of "Our review of your account indicates you may already qualify!".  And the fine print says:

Offer is valid based on an account review as of October 30, 2015. Any credit line increase will be subject to information provided in your request and is subject to final credit processing approval. FlexPoints will be awarded for all completed credit line increase requests submitted at bankurl or 1-866-659-6801 by January 15, 2016. Please allow 10–12 weeks for FlexPoints to be credited to your Account. U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® card Account must be open and in good standing at the time of FlexPoints credit.

I was really curious about this because I had never been bribed to ask for a CLI.  I suspect they really wanted an income update.  Usually my CLIs have either been automatic or self-requested but never solicited.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No HP alerts yet.  THe wording did say something to the effect of "Our review of your account indicates you may already qualify!".  And the fine print says:

Offer is valid based on an account review as of October 30, 2015. Any credit line increase will be subject to information provided in your request and is subject to final credit processing approval. FlexPoints will be awarded for all completed credit line increase requests submitted at bankurl or 1-866-659-6801 by January 15, 2016. Please allow 10–12 weeks for FlexPoints to be credited to your Account. U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® card Account must be open and in good standing at the time of FlexPoints credit.

I was really curious about this because I had never been bribed to ask for a CLI.  I suspect they really wanted an income update.  Usually my CLIs have either been automatic or self-requested but never solicited.

Very nice.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

An interesting take on the situation. You may be right. 

Message 9 of 11
BigBS
Senior Contributor

The FAQs associated with the CLI indicated that it would not result in an HP.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.