Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool looking black Citi card

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Cool looking black Citi card

At the grocery store this morning I saw a customer with a very attractive black card; since I hardly wanted to be visibly examining somebody's credit card I couldn't get a close look but I recognized the Citi logo on it. Anybody know more about this slick-looking card? It certainly LOOKS a lot nicer than my silver-colored Citi Platinum Select that's for sure. I've heard about one Citibank black card with the Amex logo but at least from a polite distance the only logo I saw was the Citi logo.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Marvintran
Regular Contributor

Re: Cool looking black Citi card

Its probably the new citi diamond preferred card or the chairman card.

Is this is?

Citi® Diamond Preferred® Rewards Card
Message 2 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Chairman Card has Amex logo on it. I am hoping to get it in the next 6 months or so.
Message 3 of 13
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Marvintran wrote:
Its probably the new citi diamond preferred card or the chairman card.
Is this is?
Citi® Diamond Preferred® Rewards Card

Sure looks like it, thanks! I must say that is one elegant card.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a little less impressive in person than in the pics, the card plastic being a little on the matte and flimsy side of things.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like that one better then the old dp card.
Message 6 of 13
brooklyngal
Contributor

You also think it's flimsy, huh?  I had the original "holographic" DPR card and lost it, so I got this one as a replacement.  I don't mind it being matte, but it seems so lightweight....

watchnerd wrote:
It's a little less impressive in person than in the pics, the card plastic being a little on the matte and flimsy side of things.

I'm in the 700 club now! Smiley Happy
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brooklyngal wrote:
You also think it's flimsy, huh?  I had the original "holographic" DPR card and lost it, so I got this one as a replacement.  I don't mind it being matte, but it seems so lightweight....

@Anonymous wrote:

It's the cheapest feeling card I have, which is surprising given it's supposed to be one of their more premium cards.

My library card is more robust than it.

I do like the nubs, though.

Oh, and why is it upside-down on the back? Are all Citi cards like that?

Message Edited by watchnerd on 04-26-2008 11:01 PM
Message 8 of 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

So it isn't just me. I always noticed that my Citi card was a lot more flimsy that normal. I couldn't tell if my mind was playing tricks on me.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the same black Diamond card, or a different one? I have only one Citi card, so don't know if all their cards are flimsy.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.