Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corporate American Express Rejection

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Corporate American Express Rejection

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Rhaeny, some people are completely clueless about credit and that guy at your job is a prime example. Wow is all I have to say!

Be fair.  It's HIS card, so he should be able to charge what he wants, and it's also a CORPORATE card, so they should pay for all the charges.  Sounds pretty simple, what's the problem!

Message 11 of 31
john398
Senior Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

Rhaeny, some people are completely clueless about credit and that guy at your job is a prime example. Wow is all I have to say!

Be fair.  It's HIS card, so he should be able to charge what he wants, and it's also a CORPORATE card, so they should pay for all the charges.  Sounds pretty simple, what's the problem!

LOL

Message 12 of 31
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Rhaeny, I am pretty sure it will report if you are late. Don't be late on your reimbursements. My company said that late fees are to be paid by the employee. Smiley Happy

It may depend on your company, but I got my cancelled for non-payment and it did not report on my CRA files. :-(  I did not pay it for 120 days due to a dispute over late fees, and I was being difficult!

I was approved for a new account on the day I pif. 

Sometimes the program administrator declines the card from the companies side.  Our administrator sets the limts for the cards in our company not AMEX.  AMEX sets the hard limit, but she will reduce if she views the risk to high to extend. 

Message 13 of 31
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

My company does not allow personal charges on corporate cards. It is not his card. And then he had the nerve to pay over time versus pay in full. If it was his card, he would still have his job LOL!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 14 of 31
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@calypso427 wrote:

Hi Everybody,

After a year of unemployment, I filed for Chapter 7.  After two months of filing, I found a great job with a Fortune 500 Company.  My issue is that they require all expenses charged on a Corporate Amex.

I followed instructions and completed a short one page app.  I was declined.  Any suggestions on what should I do now?  I was really nervous as they were going through my background check if the low credit score was going to be an impediment.  But I started work and received my first paycheck.  I plan on calling Amex to see if there is anything that I can do but not really draw attention.

Thanks!

Not sure if this applys to your company, but i know that many employment contracts will state that if you are unable to obtain or maintain a Corporate charge card you will be terminated or offer resended if you haven't started work yet.

Before worrying, I'd check to see if there is any sort of clause like that in your employment contract/offer agreement.

In the mean time, try and recon with amex.

Message 15 of 31
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Yea that's a good point ccnewcc, try to recon directly with Amex.  I think the point that the OP is making is that he doesn't want to ruffle any feathers with his new job by letting them know about his previous credit issues.  So try one of the backdoor numbers and give them a call and tell them that you need this card for business purposes and it could possibly affect your employment by not having one.  Sometimes you just have to beg and plead but if it comes through for you then its all for the best.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 16 of 31
sjt
Senior Contributor

@calypso427 wrote:

Hi Everybody,

After a year of unemployment, I filed for Chapter 7.  After two months of filing, I found a great job with a Fortune 500 Company.  My issue is that they require all expenses charged on a Corporate Amex.

I followed instructions and completed a short one page app.  I was declined.  Any suggestions on what should I do now?  I was really nervous as they were going through my background check if the low credit score was going to be an impediment.  But I started work and received my first paycheck.  I plan on calling Amex to see if there is anything that I can do but not really draw attention.

Thanks!

You company's Amex Card Administrator will be notified of the decline and has the option to guaranty the card account and have a card issued to you. When they do this, they usally place a spending limit.

For corporate cards, they usally pull a soft and check to see if you had a defaulted Amex Card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 17 of 31
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Yea that's a good point ccnewcc, try to recon directly with Amex.  I think the point that the OP is making is that he doesn't want to ruffle any feathers with his new job by letting them know about his previous credit issues.  So try one of the backdoor numbers and give them a call and tell them that you need this card for business purposes and it could possibly affect your employment by not having one.  Sometimes you just have to beg and plead but if it comes through for you then its all for the best.

I think if credit was an issue with their employer they would have pulled a CR prior to the employment offer.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 18 of 31
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Hmmm...I guess everyone's situation is different.  I filed as well in 2007 but they still gave me a corporate Amex.  I was so nervous about the approval process because I felt like you do now, but they approved it.  I have had it every since.  Could it be that they have the type of card that holds you contractually responsible??  I thought that I have heard about corporate cards that an individual is responsible for.  My card doesn't even report so I think if I ever defaulted then my employer would have to pay it.   Oh, did you burn them in the bk?

For Corporate Amex Card, they only pull a soft and check to see if you have defaulted on them in the past. The prior default is the deal breaker.

Message 19 of 31
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

Hmmm...I guess everyone's situation is different.  I filed as well in 2007 but they still gave me a corporate Amex.  I was so nervous about the approval process because I felt like you do now, but they approved it.  I have had it every since.  Could it be that they have the type of card that holds you contractually responsible??  I thought that I have heard about corporate cards that an individual is responsible for.  My card doesn't even report so I think if I ever defaulted then my employer would have to pay it.   Oh, did you burn them in the bk?

For Corporate Amex Card, they only pull a soft and check to see if you have defaulted on them in the past. The prior default is the deal breaker.

Is that the only deal breaker?  Nothing else credit wise?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.