cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corporate Amex: Green > Platinum invite?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Corporate Amex: Green > Platinum invite?

I have a corporate Amex, of the green variety. Today, Amex emailed me to upgrade to a platinum. Not that I really need it (don't travel a lot much right now), I'm wondering if this is an indication that I would be approved for some mid-tier Amex products? Or, are they just looking for a hefty annual fee backed by a large company's credit obligations?

Any thoughts?

(Note: I'm gardening until late Summer, so not going to apply for anything... Really just curious)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Corporate Amex: Green > Platinum invite?

I'm not sure the Platinum is any harder to qualify for than the Green card, it just provides more benefits for more money.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm. I guess it just looks cooler then. Yeah, the AF was somewhere in the $200/yr range, which might make sense if I spent more time in airports.

But I'd rather just use a personal rewards card Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmm. I guess it just looks cooler then. Yeah, the AF was somewhere in the $200/yr range, which might make sense if I spent more time in airports.

But I'd rather just use a personal rewards card Smiley Happy

You had an offer for a Platinum card with a $200 AF.  Assuming all the benefits are the same, I'd seriously consider that.  I suppose if you really don't travel, it might not be worth it, but the normal AF is $450.  I didn't know there were $200 AF offers.  The airline credit alone is $200 (though again, if you don't travel, you can't use it). 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Does your corp card come with MR points ?  Many of them don't, so I believe the AF is reduced because of that.   I'd definately look into the details, as Walt stated if it comes with airline credit and lounge access it would be a steal at $200.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.