cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corporate Card will I be declined?

tag
rover27

Re: Corporate Card will I be declined?

Thanks for that info! Does the bill come directly to you or to your companies account dept? I'm wondering if that could have an effect on why the lower credit approval amount. Thanks again.

Message 11 of 15
kells2013

I have online statements for the charges I make and the card has my name on it.  But as the other person said, the activity on the card is not reflected on my credit report at all. 

Message 12 of 15
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@rover27 wrote:

Thanks for that info! Does the bill come directly to you or to your companies account dept? I'm wondering if that could have an effect on why the lower credit approval amount. Thanks again.

The bill comes to you. though your company will likely pay it from your expense report.

I had absolutely zero credit, and was approved jut fine for my Corporate AmEx.

Did you include AmEx in a previous bankruptcy, or settle an amount for less than the full amount owed? I've only heard of someone getting declined, if they had an AmEx previously, and didn't pay it.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 13 of 15
rover27

Never filed bankruptcy before, just low credit from 5 collection accounts and some late payments. I've gotten mostly everything on time and cleared up but one account. Never used AMEX before or even applied for one of their personal cards.

Message 14 of 15
gstq34
Contributor

I have seen others in this type of position get the card approved (because the company is backing the request) but with restrictions on the card.  Low limit (so you end up submitting those expense reports on time and often) declines on items that are likely personal (catagory based) etc. 

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.