cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco ALMOST got me to bite today......

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Costco ALMOST got me to bite today......

Since Sams will accept AMEX and my gameplan is to run all my regular expenses through my AMEX chatge card I decided to pick up a Costco membership today. Pretty cool that the executive membership can earn 2% cash back!

Well anyway the rep. was pushing that True Earnings AMEX HARD on me. Had to say no like 10 times!!! I like my relationship with AMEX currently and I wouldn't want any bad things *cough FR cough* coming my way.

I did good today!! Smiley Happy

My garden is full of seeds that are either growing or just blooming, no more room for new ones!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Costco ALMOST got me to bite today......

Pretty looking card!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Pretty looking card!

You would say something like that................Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 29
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Shiny, too! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Shiny, too! Smiley Happy

I actually seen one while I was there.......I must say it was elegant. Too bad it can't find a spot in my lineup cause i'm GARDENING!!!!! Smiley Surprised

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 29
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

I've always found it interesting that you can order from SamsClub.com & use your AMEX, but not in the store. You can buy Walmart shopping cards in-store, pay with AMEX (earn membership rewards) & use dually at Sam's Club online/in-store. I don't know if it's the swipe fee they're avoiding or what, but that's how I've gotten around using my Anex green. Someday maybe the True Earnings Costco card for me, but I'd have to drive 20 miles to the nearest location & gas is $3.65/gallon regular.

SisterGirl 

SisterGirl
Message 6 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SisterGirl wrote:

I've always found it interesting that you can order from SamsClub.com & use your AMEX, but not in the store. You can buy Walmart shopping cards in-store, pay with AMEX (earn membership rewards) & use dually at Sam's Club online/in-store. I don't know if it's the swipe fee they're avoiding or what, but that's how I've gotten around using my Anex green. Someday maybe the True Earnings Costco card for me, but I'd have to drive 20 miles to the nearest location & gas is $3.65/gallon regular.

SisterGirl 

They have exclusive deals with each other.

Sams is exclusive with Discover. You cannot use a Visa CC only debit card. You can use MC.

Costco is AMEX exclusive. Correct me if im wrong here guys can you use VISA/MC there?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 29
zerobacan
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@SisterGirl wrote:

SisterGirl 

Sams is exclusive with Discover. You cannot use a Visa CC only debit card. You can use MC.

Costco is AMEX exclusive. Correct me if im wrong here guys can you use VISA/MC there?

Nop you cannot use VISA/MC CC in Costco, just Debit, and AMEX Smiley Wink 

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 8 of 29
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Shiny, too! Smiley Happy

OMG!!  SHINEY!!! SPARKLY!!! 

noooooooooooooo!!!  Smiley Tongue

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 9 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@zerobacan wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@SisterGirl wrote:

SisterGirl 

Nop you cannot use VISA/MC CC in Costco, just Debit, and AMEX Smiley Wink 

Thats just grimy lol. Well im SOL if AMEX decides they dont wanna play with me no more...... Smiley Surprised

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.