Frequent Contributor
brother7

Costco AMEX: apply in-store or online?

[ Edited ]

Does it make a difference?

I think my EX score is borderline to get an approval so I'm trying to maximize my chances.  Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by brother7 on 06-18-2009 07:39 AM

11/02/2012 Peak - EQ 790 (ScoreWatch EQ FICO)
10/22/2014 Current - EQ 797 (Priceline TU FICO 08 Classic)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 09/07/2014
Established Contributor
cartercorp

Re: Costco AMEX: apply in-store or online?

Would like input as well.My EX score is around the same as yours.BTW i have a few friends with this card and they have yet to be cld YET. may just be luck or maybe Amex doesnt mess with this card as much..
Regular Contributor
Romeoo47

I have had this card for a few months now and I love it.  I would recommend that you apply in store to increase your chances of approval.  I applied online and was only approved for a 2000CL with my EXP FICO in the mid-to-low 700 and a decent income.  Good luck!
Regular Contributor
stefanc

If you apply in a Costco (and are approved) it will be instant and you'll have a temp card you can use that day. If you apply online they have to check with Costco for membership etc. and you'll have to wait to even see if you have an approval.

At least that is the way it worked a year ago...

Good luck! 

Established Contributor
cartercorp

[ Edited ]

stefanc wrote:

At least that is the way it worked a year ago...

Have you been cld?

Message Edited by cartercorp on 06-18-2009 07:58 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}