Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco AMEX card?

tag
ajh5408
Contributor

Re: Costco AMEX card?

Generally speaking, the lending standards for affinity products are set in conjunction with the co-brand (in this case Costco), though it's rare that they have direct, card-by-card involvement in the decision-making process.

When all else fails, it (usually) never hurts to call and ask. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 18
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I agree that the amount of spend at Costco likely doesn't play into the approval decision, it will be up to AMEX to approval/reject.   Given that it is a revolving card it probably is harder to qualify for than most cards, and this seems to make sense given what the manager told Cain about the low approval rate.

I know with this card they do have to verify your Costco membership, so this probably contributes to the delay in processing.   However you should be able to check your application status at the AMEX website:   https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 12 of 18
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Unless you app in store, you get a long delay for approval or denial as Costco needs to verify membershp for Amex.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 13 of 18
bribro
Valued Contributor

If you are added as an ACM on a Costco AmEx, can you use that for backdating purposes? Not sure if the Costco AmEx is any different than a "standard" AmEx like Gold, Platinum, BCE, etc.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 14 of 18
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@bribro wrote:

If you are added as an ACM on a Costco AmEx, can you use that for backdating purposes? Not sure if the Costco AmEx is any different than a "standard" AmEx like Gold, Platinum, BCE, etc.

Yes, any cards underwritten by AMEX can be backdated.   AMEX Cards underwitten by others like BofA, USAA, etc... will not.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 15 of 18
Too_much_debt
Valued Member

Just applied on Sunday.  Received the same message about "I'll hear within 14 days".  I checked the website numerous times over the past few days and it always said they couldn't find my application or something like that.  Then low and behold today I received an email stating I was approved.  Didn't state the limit, and I'm not going to call to find out.  I'm looking forward to the surprise.

Clean credit record, with the exception of high util.  Scores between 700 and 725.  Was just approved for the Citi Thank You Preferred card and Walmart Discover within the past two weeks as well.

TU 712; EQ 739; EX 736 -- As of 07/01/2015
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always call the back door number and speak with someone.  From what i've heard most people that have done that on here were approved over the phone!!

I love this card it's a great and the benefits are super

Message 17 of 18
bribro
Valued Contributor

Apparently you can only have one ACM on a Costco AmEx card. Bummer.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.