Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco AMEX cards to be turned into CITIGROUP cards 2016

tag
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Costco AMEX cards to be turned into CITIGROUP cards 2016

SO I read that Costco/citigroup deal will take effect fully in 2016 with Citigroup taking over and reissuing our Costco Credit cards in their name.

I Wonder what effect on my TL's will happen when CITIGROUP(Citibank) takes over my 24K AMEX costco Backdated to 95(20years onld now) : ) I should start planning to have another AMEX before that point atleast. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dollar_bill
Regular Contributor

Re: Costco AMEX cards to be turned into CITIGROUP cards 2016

Did you just learn about this change or has there been new information released?

Last I heard the deal was dependent on Citi taking over the AMEX TE portfolio, and that those AMEX customers would be issued Citi cards instead. Well, the last part is kind of an assumption of the reported story, but that is the jist of it.

Might not be a bad idea to get a new AMEX if your only card with them is the TE card.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dollar_bill wrote:

Did you just learn about this change or has there been new information released?

Last I heard the deal was dependent on Citi taking over the AMEX TE portfolio, and that those AMEX customers would be issued Citi cards instead. Well, the last part is kind of an assumption of the reported story, but that is the jist of it.

Might not be a bad idea to get a new AMEX if your only card with them is the TE card.

This news is about 3 weeks old and has been discussed extensively in the thread below so let's not make another long thread here

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Citibank-gets-Costco-Credit-Card-Deal/td-p/383434...

Message 3 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dollar_bill wrote:

This news is about 3 weeks old and has been discussed extensively in the thread below so let's not make another long thread here

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Citibank-gets-Costco-Credit-Card-Deal/td-p/3834341

+1 and your amex will not be turned into anything. except another amex. who knows if you will have to apply to get the new citi costco or will they just issue one. that is the debate. apple and oranges.

Message 4 of 7
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@dollar_bill wrote:

This could work in reverse as well if your wanting to get in with Citi, just apply for the TE before Amex pulls the plug.

Message 5 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Already have citi offers. Don't want another hard pull at this time.
Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.