Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco AMEX switch?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco AMEX switch?

Ok, so I'm not sure if it was Citi or Chase that denied me?  I remember it had a 'C' Smiley Happy  I was denied because I had a collection reporting ($172 from stupid Fingerhut from 3 years ago), but that's all I have on my reports.  My current horrible scores are 639 with EX, 665 with TU and 668 with EQ.  My scores were higher months ago, but of course charging up on all my cards has made a HUGE negative impact, which kind of confuses me since they aren't maxed out?  Right now, I have Walmart Mastercard $3500, Amazon store card $2900, Macys $2800, HSN $2200, Carecredit $1700, VS $1550, Kohls $1500, Costco Amex $1200, Discover IT $1050 (was $1400, then the jerks knocked me down!), and USBank $1000.  I have student loans that have perfect payment history, and all my cards have perfect, early payment history and always paid more than the mininum.  So, I tried the pre-approved links for Citi and Chase, both sites had nothing for me.  It's just crazy how this credit stuff works, honestly, it's a sick, twisted game Smiley Happy  I guess I can understand how someone who has lots of inquiries can look like they are a credit risk, but that should'nt affect your score until you've proven you're a credit risk, nowhatimean?!!  A year ago when I first decided to start apping for cards, I went hog **** crazy, and as you can see above, and I got plenty of cards.  The first 7 cards started with limits half or less of what they are now, and I charged on them, made good payments, and stopped apping.  But now it seems, those stupid inquiries are still bringing me down, and even though I am a great debtor, and responsible, my scores just won't budge.  It's maddening, really.  Out of almost $20k of available credit, I only have $4100 used on these cards.  Seriously, when am I gonna hit a FICO of 700+???

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious.  Why are you using two different usernames to post?  Is something preventing you from logging into your original one?

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing preventing anything.  I have an account and so does my husband, that's the reason for different usernames.  When I get email from MyFico showing replies, I just click on the link in the email, and whoever I was signed in as when I posted, is how it shows when I reply.  Don't worry, I'm not a wierd or anything Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nothing preventing anything.  I have an account and so does my husband, that's the reason for different usernames.  When I get email from MyFico showing replies, I just click on the link in the email, and whoever I was signed in as when I posted, is how it shows when I reply.  Don't worry, I'm not a wierd or anything Smiley Happy

Ok, was just making sure you weren't having problems with one account.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.