Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco AMEX

tag
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

Costco AMEX

So, I know that the Costco AMEX card has no annual fee if you have a membership with Costco. I was just wondering if non-Costco members could sign up for the card (I want it for the 2% cash back at restaurants). I currently have a BCE.

My second question is: what would the annual fee be if I were approved?
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Costco AMEX

Membership is required.

Your fee would be a waiver of your Costco membership pretty sure we pay $50 or is it $55? Executive Memberships are $100
Message 2 of 7
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

Ah darn, thanks for answering!!!
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 3 of 7
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Thats one thing I don't understand. Technically there IS an annual fee because you pay an annual fee for your Costco membership. Thats the only reason why I decided not to get that one.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you can get a membership online and then get the card... However your rewards come in form of a Costco Rewards Check Which you can cash at any costco front desk or cash register for cash without buying anything if you wish not sure how that works if you don't have a costco and don't want to go to a costco!

Message 5 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@zeusta20

Not really, the fee is a requirement of Costco. Without the membership you are not eligible. Just like you have to be a member, usually put $5 in a share account for a CU before you are eligible for a CU cc.
Message 6 of 7
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@zeusta20

Not really, the fee is a requirement of Costco. Without the membership you are not eligible. Just like you have to be a member, usually put $5 in a share account for a CU before you are eligible for a CU cc.

Yea, but then again, that $5 you get back once you close the account. But no, I know. I get...It just sucks because you can shop at costco, and get the amex, then end up NOT shopping at costco anymore, and then all of a sudden you have a closed cc. It sucks. But I know, its a card SPECIFICALLY for the costco membership.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.