Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Amex Card ???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Costco Amex Card ???

Hi,

As we know Amex Costco credit card will be diactivated afte March 2016 the contract between Costco and American Express will be over.

I have a question please :   So what will happen when you have a balance lfet on the card to pay back and you amex card don't work any more ?

Is it basically you can't use the card any more, but you still have to pay the balance or do they have to give different card and transfer that balnce on it and start using the new credit card ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco Amex Card ???

I think it would be converted to a different product, and of course, the balance would remain. I hope folks get to keep their original membership dates.

Message 2 of 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Costco Amex Card ???

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

As we know Amex Costco credit card will be diactivated afte March 2016 the contract between Costco and American Express will be over.

I have a question please :   So what will happen when you have a balance lfet on the card to pay back and you amex card don't work any more ?

Is it basically you can't use the card any more, but you still have to pay the balance or do they have to give different card and transfer that balnce on it and start using the new credit card ?

Thanks

When you close a card, you are still reponsible for paying the balance even though you cannot use the card any more, so that wouldn't be that unusual.   What will actually happen depends on the as yet unknown details.   This is money you owe Amex (rather than Costco) so it would transfer to a Citi card  only if Citi buys the complete portfolio including balances (which could certainly happen)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.