cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Amex Drama - my impulsive action!

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Costco Amex Drama - my impulsive action!

@DigitalArk wrote:

Well, I did not really need that card.

I am trying to keep it 3 from now on and will think twice to apply for any credit cards in the future.

I was concerned having too many credit cards would affect my future loans if I had use up all my available credit.

You would have been fine IMHO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 31 of 94
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Digitalark- if you wanted to pc, you could wait 13 months, then get a BCE or BCP as you seemed to have mentioned in your op (original post).

I talked to an Amex CSR and was told that Costco Amex was one of their few cards that could not do a PC. Smiley Sad

Message 32 of 94
Open123
Super Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

I was concerned having too many credit cards would affect my future loans if I had use up all my available credit.

Ah, "too much available" credit only applies when you get north of $100K.  Under that amount, there is no such thing as "too much available" credit.  And, the number of accounts isn't all that relevant, so long as you manage them.

Message 33 of 94
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

IMO, that Amex is more valuable than your USAA Amex. I'd call them back and see if you can keep it open - tell them you were talking in your sleep.
Message 34 of 94
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

Brings up an interesting question though. Would OP still be able to use 2013 as a member date in the future?

Message 35 of 94
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
IMO, that Amex is more valuable than your USAA Amex. I'd call them back and see if you can keep it open - tell them you were talking in your sleep.

Shaking my head 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 36 of 94
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Dubious wrote:

Brings up an interesting question though. Would OP still be able to use 2013 as a member date in the future?

If they reopen yes

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 37 of 94
Open123
Super Contributor

@Dubious wrote:

You mean, if he were to reapply for the Amex that he just closed?  Smiley Very Happy

Message 38 of 94
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

Well, I did not really need that card.

I am trying to keep it 3 from now on and will think twice to apply for any credit cards in the future.

There is no reason to only have 3. Of course you should only get cards that you are going to use adn which will be valuable to you. Looking at your current cards I think this Coscto AMEX would definitely be that. As for 'too much credit', you only really hear that from credit card companies when you have more than 1:1 limits of your income. It won't affect getting loans. For loans though you want a nice thick file. That means a number of good cards, with good limits on them.

Message 39 of 94
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Dubious wrote:

You mean, if he were to reapply for the Amex that he just closed?  Smiley Very Happy

Haha well AmEx is a great ccc to have in your portfolio! You never know when OP will change his mind. 

Message 40 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.