cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Amex Drama - my impulsive action!

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Costco Amex Drama - my impulsive action!

Message 51 of 94
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I like to spread my cc's around. I'm never tied to one financial institution just in case they pull a CLD or AA or tick me off.

Agreed. Well said.

Message 52 of 94
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Dubious wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
I like to spread my cc's around. I'm never tied to one financial institution just in case they pull a CLD or AA or tick me off.

This. And also, you never know when their servers/network/whatever will be down. I remember a few months back there were posts about (Barclays?) cards not working for anyone. It took a few hours to fix. 

+1 to both Lexie and Dubious.

Not all places accept every single payment network as well.

+1 to all

Couldn't agree more.

I'm going to chime in and agree with all of the above, as well. Four cards is not a large number of cards. Lenders like to see a thick, well managed file. If Amex is willing to reopen the account for you, I would strongly consider doing it.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 53 of 94
eviLution
Established Contributor

Another man's trash would've been my treasure!

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 54 of 94
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Deleted by OP.
Message 55 of 94
eviLution
Established Contributor

I only make around 18-20k a year so don't feel too bad ;P

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 56 of 94
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

How about if you explain that you move soon and have no Costco in your state afterwards but would love to have BCP / BCE instead? I would try it and see if they are willing to PC before the 13 months. IMO you have nothing to lose ... Good luck whatever you would like to do!

Message 57 of 94
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I understand your risk averse stance on having too many cards, but Amex is one of hise presitgious cards with huge lines that can save your azz and grow your cred!

I agree w what everyone else is posting.
And on another note, if you wanted BCE OR BCP, why didn't you just app for that one? Lol if you got a $14,400 cl Costco, you're at least good for 5-10k on a Blue Amex! Lol :-)
Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 58 of 94
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

+1, 2, 3.... to all who have posted.  OP - hopefully, no more "impulse" apping and maybe reconsider having that TL reopened.  Of course, your decision ultimately.

Message 59 of 94
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Yeah no drapping and impulsive decisions! Especially closing a card.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 60 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.