Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Costco Amex Drama - my impulsive action!

DigitalArk wrote:

Well, I did not really need that card.

I am trying to keep it 3 from now on and will think twice to apply for any credit cards in the future.

I was concerned having too many credit cards would affect my future loans if I had use up all my available credit.

You would have been fine IMHO

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Valued Contributor
DigitalArk

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Digitalark- if you wanted to pc, you could wait 13 months, then get a BCE or BCP as you seemed to have mentioned in your op (original post).

I talked to an Amex CSR and was told that Costco Amex was one of their few cards that could not do a PC. :smileysad:

Senior Contributor
Open123

DigitalArk wrote:

I was concerned having too many credit cards would affect my future loans if I had use up all my available credit.

Ah, "too much available" credit only applies when you get north of $100K.  Under that amount, there is no such thing as "too much available" credit.  And, the number of accounts isn't all that relevant, so long as you manage them.

09Lexie

IMO, that Amex is more valuable than your USAA Amex. I'd call them back and see if you can keep it open - tell them you were talking in your sleep.
Frequent Contributor
Dubious

Brings up an interesting question though. Would OP still be able to use 2013 as a member date in the future?

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

09Lexie wrote:
IMO, that Amex is more valuable than your USAA Amex. I'd call them back and see if you can keep it open - tell them you were talking in your sleep.

Shaking my head 

Cap1 EO link below
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Dubious wrote:

Brings up an interesting question though. Would OP still be able to use 2013 as a member date in the future?

If they reopen yes

Cap1 EO link below
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Senior Contributor
Open123

Dubious wrote:

You mean, if he were to reapply for the Amex that he just closed?  :smileyvery-happy:

New Contributor
GatorGuy

DigitalArk wrote:

Well, I did not really need that card.

I am trying to keep it 3 from now on and will think twice to apply for any credit cards in the future.

There is no reason to only have 3. Of course you should only get cards that you are going to use adn which will be valuable to you. Looking at your current cards I think this Coscto AMEX would definitely be that. As for 'too much credit', you only really hear that from credit card companies when you have more than 1:1 limits of your income. It won't affect getting loans. For loans though you want a nice thick file. That means a number of good cards, with good limits on them.

If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. -- Aristotle
Starting Score: 777
Current Score:  761
Goal Score:      800
Frequent Contributor
Dubious

Open123 wrote:

Dubious wrote:

You mean, if he were to reapply for the Amex that he just closed?  :smileyvery-happy:

Haha well AmEx is a great ccc to have in your portfolio! You never know when OP will change his mind. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+