Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Amex Eligibility?

tag
prabs99
Regular Contributor

Costco Amex Eligibility?

I applied for the Costco Amex on Thursday and got the expired membership. So, today we went to costco and at the checkout they renewed our membership.  I came home and applied again, but got the expired membership again. How often do they update their database?

FICO (Discover) 805
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Costco Amex Eligibility?

Since it's the weekend, Amex may not be aware for a few business days.  Any reason why you didn't apply while at Costco? If approved, you would get a temp shopping pass good for a few weeks

Message 2 of 5
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@prabs99 wrote:

I applied for the Costco Amex on Thursday and got the expired membership. So, today we went to costco and at the checkout they renewed our membership.  I came home and applied again, but got the expired membership again. How often do they update their database?

You should have tried to apply from costco itself. Give it 24 hrs, you should be good.. One of  my friend had this same problem a month ago. So he went to cosco with me and renewed his membership and then with the help of the associate he applied for TE card. He was instantly approved for 12k.

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 3 of 5
prabs99
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Since it's the weekend, Amex may not be aware for a few business days.  Any reason why you didn't apply while at Costco? If approved, you would get a temp shopping pass good for a few weeks

Too long of a line. I was there right at opening, but the time we were done, long line at the customer service. I will wait for a couple of days and try again.

FICO (Discover) 805
Message 4 of 5
prabs99
Regular Contributor

@Jayx wrote:

@prabs99 wrote:

You should have tried to apply from costco itself. Give it 24 hrs, you should be good.. One of  my friend had this same problem a month ago. So he went to cosco with me and renewed his membership and then with the help of the associate he applied for TE card. He was instantly approved for 12k.

Maybe I will go there tomorrow. They are open late.

FICO (Discover) 805
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.