Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Amex limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Costco Amex limit

So I applied for this card online. I got an email a few days later saying I was approved and I should be receiving the card in a few days. So I get the card and I was thinking it would have a limit of 2k on it because that's what most people on here have been saying is the initial limit on this card. But I open the envelope and low and behold, the limit on the card was $15,700... Quite a bit higher than the 2k limit everyone talks about on here. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Costco Amex limit

@Anonymous wrote:

So I applied for this card online. I got an email a few days later saying I was approved and I should be receiving the card in a few days. So I get the card and I was thinking it would have a limit of 2k on it because that's what most people on here have been saying is the initial limit on this card. But I open the envelope and low and behold, the limit on the card was $15,700... Quite a bit higher than the 2k limit everyone talks about on here. Any thoughts?

Smiley Surprised

Very nice!!! Congrats!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 36
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Sweet!!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 36
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Wow, congrats !!  That's a great CL.   What was your largest open CL showing on your reports before this ?

I'd say it's time to go shopping.   Maybe hit up Costco first, splurge on a 128 pack of Charmin ??  Cat Tongue

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Highest was a 10,600 Citi. Just went today but no Charmin, got the Kirkland brand toilet paper. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Highest was a 10,600 Citi. Just went today but no Charmin, got the Kirkland brand toilet paper. Smiley Tongue

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 36
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Is the Costco Amex just a network card??

Will I be able to apply with a BK on reports??

Promise  no hijack ....just wondering

Message 7 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

network meaning that it can only be used at costco? nope, can be used anywhere. i think amex may be a little weary with a bk...

Message 8 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Is the Costco Amex just a network card??

Will I be able to apply with a BK on reports??

Promise  no hijack ....just wondering

No, it is an AMEX and can be used anywhere where AMEX is accepted.

And If your BK is very old you should have a decent shot as long as you didn't burn AMEX in it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 36
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

nope never had a baddie from AMEX.......I going to wait till December ....a little more gardening is needed......

thanks

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.