Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Amex limit

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Costco Amex limit

Wow! Awesome limit! Congrats! Smiley Happy

Yeah, they gave me $2k last month. But my highest CL is only $2500, so it's in that range. Also, I have a thin file and short history.

If you have a stronger credit history, then it would warrant a higher limit. Frankly, I was hoping for at least $5k and was a little disappointed. I'd be singing and dancing if I had gotten $15k like you! Smiley Tongue

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 36
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

nope never had a baddie from AMEX.......I going to wait till December ....a little more gardening is needed......

thanks

Someone in this thread reporting getting approved for AMEX with an 8 year old BK.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-Card-after-BK-7/m-p/967350/highlight/true#M276536

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 12 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, thanks. Not quite dancing but very surprised it was so high. I always thought that Amex was very conservative.

Message 13 of 36
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol, thanks. Not quite dancing but very surprised it was so high. I always thought that Amex was very conservative.

They are conservative with their approvals, but once you are in they seem to be generous with the CLs.   And in case $15K isn't enough you can request a CLI in 60 days.

Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, I don't think I'll need more than that... Do they auto CLI?

Message 15 of 36
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Is the Costco Amex just a network card??

Will I be able to apply with a BK on reports??

Promise  no hijack ....just wondering

No, it is an AMEX and can be used anywhere where AMEX is accepted.

And If your BK is very old you should have a decent shot as long as you didn't burn AMEX in it.

BK is from  6-2005

Message 16 of 36
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

nope never had a baddie from AMEX.......I going to wait till December ....a little more gardening is needed......

thanks

Someone in this thread reporting getting approved for AMEX with an 8 year old BK.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-Card-after-BK-7/m-p/967350/highlight/true#M276536

yep ....just waiting till most of INQ 's drop off and 1 last collection to come off in December...

Message 17 of 36
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Looking good.  Looking very good.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.. Any thoughts from anyone if Amex does an auto CLI?

Message 19 of 36
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.. Any thoughts from anyone if Amex does an auto CLI?

Yes, they do auto~CLIs.   But even if you request a CLI it is only a soft pull, so either way it's all good.

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.