Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Amex limit

tag
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: Costco Amex limit

@Anonymous wrote:

Makes me wonder... What is their max credit limit? Anyone?

I have four AMEX cards.  One is the business platinum that sees about 250-300K worth of action every year.  I have ten authorized users on this account.  I have three personal AMEX cards. a Premier Rewards Gold which is NPSL.  A Costco with a limit of $12,800 and a Delta Plattimum with $20,000. The Costco statred at $7800. and the Delta started at $25,000.  When I asked for the CLI on the Costco they asked me to provide the dreaded 4506-T, which is not an option for me (for personal reasons, I wont submit to that level of intrusion).  So I transferred 5K from the Delta to the Costco.  No problems.  My guess is that $25,000 is the limit they feel comfortable with for CREDIT CARDS with good customers.  I think I only  was able to go above this is because of my 25 year realtionship with AMEX and the massive amount of money my company spends using their cards.    

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Makes me wonder... What is their max credit limit? Anyone?

I have four AMEX cards.  One is the business platinum that sees about 250-300K worth of action every year.  I have ten authorized users on this account.  I have three personal AMEX cards. a Premier Rewards Gold which is NPSL.  A Costco with a limit of $12,800 and a Delta Plattimum with $20,000. The Costco statred at $7800. and the Delta started at $25,000.  When I asked for the CLI on the Costco they asked me to provide the dreaded 4506-T, which is not an option for me (for personal reasons, I wont submit to that level of intrusion).  So I transferred 5K from the Delta to the Costco.  No problems.  My guess is that $25,000 is the limit they feel comfortable with for CREDIT CARDS with good customers.  I think I only  was able to go above this is because of my 25 year realtionship with AMEX and the massive amount of money my company spends using their cards.    

What is 4506-T?

Message 32 of 36
android01
Valued Contributor

A 4506-T Incidicates a financial review,   where you give American Express permission to  pull your finanacial records directly from the IRS. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 33 of 36
android01
Valued Contributor

Which I would never do, by the way, but that's just me. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 34 of 36
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Congrats, that limit is quite impressive. Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 35 of 36
android01
Valued Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

Congrats, that limit is quite impressive. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the compiment, but I'm not trying to impress.  What i have with AMEX is due to a long, good history withth them.  Nothing more than time and prompt payments.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.