Frequent Contributor

Costco Amex

[ Edited ]

How hard is this card to get?  Is it easier than their other cards?  The woman at Costco told me that they are mor lenient if you do it in the store.  Anyone have experience with this?

Thank you for your responses

Mega Contributor

Re: Costco Amex

The woman probably gets incentive pay for signing up new customers.  You may have to give us your credit history to give an opinion. Such as average age of accounts any baddies, how many hp on your credit report and current cards to name a few.

Valued Contributor

It's easier to do it in the store because they can verify your Costco membership at the same time you apply. Otherwise, I believe the Costco True Earnings Amex has about the same qualification requirements as any other Amex revolver.

Epic Contributor

I think it is a it easier and you should applying store.
Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 700 (04/20/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
83 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor

I recently was approved for this card. 725ish EX fico, no late payments or chargeoffs or collections on EX, 9yo BK, 25% Util, 1 INQ in the last year. I had never applied for an AMEX before but we are shopping alot at Costco and that';s the only card they take. Hope that helps.

Regular Contributor

Its not one of the Amex easier cards to get. Delta and BCE are easier to get.
Delta Amex $9500.........Marriott Rewards Premier $6500.......Discover IT $4600......Citi Preferred $3900.........Chase Freedom $3800......Barclay(apple) $2900.......BofA $1500.......
Capital One $4500....FNO.....$4900.....
Epic Contributor

negg wrote:
Its not one of the Amex easier cards to get. Delta and BCE are easier to get.

but BCE and BCP are the same for underwriting so don't short yourself!~

Regular Contributor

Got approved for the business version with a 3k line. One of my smaller lines, but it only use it at Costco so I won't put $3k/month through it. Only reason I got it is because I'm too lazy to carry both a Costco card and a separate Amex.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Established Member

Didn't work for me. I've been turned down twice and now I have one of their special offer letters. Trying to decide if I want to go for it. I have it on another thread.

Epic Contributor

tavalon wrote:

Didn't work for me. I've been turned down twice and now I have one of their special offer letters. Trying to decide if I want to go for it. I have it on another thread.

Offer?! YES GO!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.