Did you mean: 

Costco Anywhere CLI HPed!

tag
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Costco Anywhere CLI HPed!

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi always HPs I thought?....

No. My CLIs on the Diamond Preferred and the DC (Dividend prior to that) have always been SP.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No. My CLIs on the Diamond Preferred and the DC (Dividend prior to that) have always been SP.

Oh shooooot! DC and DP are always SP? Damn....never knew...

Message 12 of 25
Samac
Regular Contributor

DC and DP aren't always a soft pull. It's definitely a YMMV situation.
Message 13 of 25
kmr8
Valued Member

Message 14 of 25
kmr8
Valued Member

I agree. I have never been HPed for CLIs for neither of those cards.

@Samac wrote:
DC and DP aren't always a soft pull. It's definitely a YMMV situation.

Message 15 of 25
kmr8
Valued Member

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@kmr8 wrote:

Just an fyi for the Amex to Citi Costco cardholders.

Applied for a CLI on my Costco Anywhere (inherited from Amex). Unlike other Citi cards, the request CLI page also asks for the Total Requested Credit Line (Amex style).

My current limit is 9k, I put in 14k (5k increase)

And they HP-ed Equifax!

They also approved the request but the HP was not expected. I went back and saw that they mention

"we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request"

on the request page. I missed it.

Not sure if they will do it for all first CLIs on the inherited cards, or they did it because the CLI asked for was high in my case. Or, worse, may be for every CLI on this card.

It was a bittersweet experience but only misgiving is I should have requested for a higher limit.

That is a well known trigger..... They basically say they will do a HP..... Need to read the whole page before doing it if you didn't want the HP. 

I know that now. That's what I had mentioned in my original post itself. Emphasis is on Citi not HPing other cards but this one. This is for the Costco cardholders who might be wondering whether they'll be HPed or not - with or without reading that disclaimer.

Message 16 of 25
justanotherquestion
Contributor

did they pull experian only for the initial application?

Message 17 of 25
kmr8
Valued Member

@justanotherquestion wrote:

did they pull experian only for the initial application?

I had the Costco card with Amex. No HP when Citi took over the Amex portfolio.

Not sure what they pull if you are a new applicant.

Message 18 of 25
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I am in VA and EX was pulled to apply for new CitiCostco card.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 19 of 25
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No... its a SP usually every 6 months. Can be HP's though but they will spell it out right in front if they do.... I mean there is no excuse to complain about it since they say they will....

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.