Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Anywhere Visa® Card

tag
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

Re: Costco Anywhere Visa® Card

Looking forward to seeing whether I get this card; I had a charge off with Citi many years ago and though I paid it at a reduction in the end, I wonder if this will impact me.

I went for the 3x CLI on my True Earnings card early this year, then applied for another Amex card (EveryDayPreferred) and received the approval with the same limit. I do hope Citi takes in my account, AND my limit.

Won't ever use the 4% gas cashback reward, but I am a foodie, and 3% is welcoming!

Starting Score: EX 651/EQ 654/TU 668
Current Score: 735/721/732
Goal Score: 751 as lowest score by 8MAY15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 131 of 167
mac5u

@UncleB wrote:

@mac5u wrote:

Just read through this thread from the start.  One thing that has been on my mind since the Costco announcment has been whether CITI will offer me the same rate that I have on my TE card, currently 10.49%.  

I have been revolving balances on my TE card, paying down the balance where I will finally pay it off by June.  My goal will then be to pay it off every month. Still, I'd hate to see the interest rate get bumped.  My TE card currently has the 4th lowest interest charge, behind a USAA Visa and two BofA cards.  All of those are in the 9% range, variable rate and all receiving a bump from high 8%-something when the Fed raised rates.

One off-topic question please:  Reading thorugh the thread, I came across some abbreviations I am not familiar with.  HP, SP, CSP, and PC.  I figured out by reading in context that HP and SP probably mean hard and soft pulls.  I think CSP may refer to a credit card but again, just guessing.  But I am not sure what it means to PC Card X to Card Y?8

You're correct about HP and SP (hard pull and soft pull).  CSP is Chase Sapphire Preferred, and PC is 'product change', which is when you change your existing card from one account type to another type with the same lender, for example changing your Amex Green card to a Platinum (the card number and history remain intact).

Here's a link to common abbreviations used on here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Updated-Abbreviation-List/td-p/4534572

Thanks for the links, UncleB and Turbobuick.

Message 132 of 167
Anonymous
Not applicable

I must be missing something. I played with the slider using a variety of different spend mehods and compared the rewards to my Citi double cash. I end up with more from my 2% DC card.  They make it look appealing at first but the 1% spend category kills it for me when $2k a month of my spending falls into the 1%

Message 133 of 167
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes, if most of your spending isn't gas and dining and you want to just use one card, DC may well be more rewarding
Message 134 of 167
xvassagox
New Contributor

Just received my cards in the mail today. Can't wait to start using it on June 20th.

Sock Drawered -
Equifax Bankcard 8 - 830 - 4/21 | Experian Score 8 - 812 - 5/26 | TransUnion Score 8 - 810 - 5/1
Message 135 of 167
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know when apps go live for this card?
Message 136 of 167
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know when apps go live for this card?

A) June 20th

OR

B) A few weeks or months when the dust settles.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 137 of 167
sr383
Regular Contributor

@xvassagox wrote:

Just received my cards in the mail today. Can't wait to start using it on June 20th.

I haven't gotten mine, yet. Have you tried it outside Costco, or is the card useless until June 20? Robot LOL

Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 138 of 167
Cory
Established Contributor

@xvassagox wrote:

So cool!

A couple of questions;

1. Have you registered it online at Citicards.com? Can the card be linked with other existing Citicards you may have?

2. Is your card a Visa, or Visa Signature?

Thank you in advance.

Message 139 of 167
xvassagox
New Contributor

The card is not active until June 20th. The letter tells me to "activate" it meaning to confirm I received the cards at a specific link which I can't remember right now. I haven't tried to link it to my citi.com account yet but I'll try tonight.

I believe my card is only a Visa but that's probably because they transferred my limit of $500 from my TE card. However, the card itself is nice. It's more rigid than a typical credit card and the numbers/lettering is not raised.

Sock Drawered -
Equifax Bankcard 8 - 830 - 4/21 | Experian Score 8 - 812 - 5/26 | TransUnion Score 8 - 810 - 5/1
Message 140 of 167
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.