Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Anywhere Visa® Card

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Costco Anywhere Visa® Card

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a good card but let's not go crazy. When you take into account the AF for Costco membership it doesn't come close to 5% and if drops the other categories down as well. The payout of the cashback once a year also isn't that great.  For those that already have a Costco card though it certainly is an upgrade.

Very true, agreed 100%.  Sorry, I didn't catch the part earlier where they had mentioned that cashback payout was only once a year.  I wouldn't necessarily mind the membership fee for Costco itself, for the privilege of shopping there.  Lol, but ya I guess they must always have some sort of catch, in there somewhere...

Message 21 of 167
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can get the $45 membership if you want and isn't costco gas cheaper?
Message 22 of 167
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

If you only get a Costco membership for this card, then that will definitely dilute the rewards. However, for those of us who'd use Costco with or without their credit card, this is a really fantastic offering even though the annual coupon redemption method is lame.
Message 23 of 167
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
CC i am with you. i thought of applying for the amex but figured i wouldn't get it. i wanted that xfer.

also, tortoisewins, i read on another post that you can't edit the CL on your costco amex anymore. that stopped on 03/15 because citi officially has the portfolio

I believe I read that as well plus some folks have reported they can't make any other changes (CLI, reallocations) to their current TE cards, which makes sense.  Thank goodness the last CLI on mine was done at the end of last year! 

Message 24 of 167
Anonymous
Not applicable

@deltatee wrote:
If you only get a Costco membership for this card, then that will definitely dilute the rewards. However, for those of us who'd use Costco with or without their credit card, this is a really fantastic offering even though the annual coupon redemption method is lame.

Absolutely, it is a very good card for those who shop at Costco already.

Message 25 of 167
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I love costco. But really, Do we need another thread for this card?????  Even if it was for sams club mastercard upgrades I wouldnt want new threads every day showing up.

If anything, this is just as interesting news as your "June 4th is a sad day for Citibank" thread Smiley Very Happy   You dont' have to read it! LOL

Message 26 of 167
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@deltatee wrote:

Absolutely, it is a very good card for those who shop at Costco already.

I used to shop a lot at Costco, currently don't atm b/c I can usually buy most food less expensively or for the same price at my local supermarket chains, but when I did shop there, I was very pleased with their products.

Message 27 of 167
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I wonder if Chase will let me PC my AARP card to anything useful...

The AARP card is a co-branded product, so Chase will not PC to anything else.  You can reallocate the CL to another Chase CC and/or close the account if it no longer serves a purpose.

Message 28 of 167
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This looks good, but it's only marginally better than the Sam's Club MasterCard.  Actually, assuming you shop at both stores (and would have the memberships anyway) Sam's has a slight edge on gas purchases (5%). 

The main difference I see rewards-wise is that using the new Visa card, you get 2% back for all Costco purchases, while with the Sam's Club MasterCard you only earn 1% cash back for your Sam's purchases (the same as any other MasterCard purchase). 

If I already had the Amex TE Costco card I would be excited, though... this does seem like quite an improvement. 

(Side note:  Aesthetically speaking, the Costco card definitely has the edge over Sam's, but I'm generally more concerned with my rewards than the card's appearance.)

Message 29 of 167
redpat
Senior Contributor

Ordinary.

Irish is right again.

Now wait, has he ever been wrong......?????

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 30 of 167
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.