Re: Costco Anywhere Visa® Card

don't see how it wouldn't be..
Message 71 of 167
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
don't see how it wouldn't be..

There are folks who have reported it being SP.  Mine was SP, not HP.  Typically they would be HP but YEMV.

Message 72 of 167
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long ago, though?
Message 73 of 167
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
how long ago, though?

Less than a couple days ago.  They matched the same CL for my TE ($18,000).  I checked the CR and the SP is recorded, no HP.  I submitted the pre-approved application though my AmEx dashboard though - not sure if that made any difference).

Message 74 of 167
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is quite odd lol. learn something new everyday
Message 75 of 167
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
that is quite odd lol. learn something new everyday

Oh believe me, I was looking for the HP (and expected it), but then I looked further into the SP section and ta-da!  there it was.  I didn't question it Whistling@.gif

Message 76 of 167
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@satasat360 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

This looks good, but it's only marginally better than the Sam's Club MasterCard.  Actually, assuming you shop at both stores (and would have the memberships anyway) Sam's has a slight edge on gas purchases (5%). 

The main difference I see rewards-wise is that using the new Visa card, you get 2% back for all Costco purchases, while with the Sam's Club MasterCard you only earn 1% cash back for your Sam's purchases (the same as any other MasterCard purchase). 

If I already had the Amex TE Costco card I would be excited, though... this does seem like quite an improvement. 

(Side note:  Aesthetically speaking, the Costco card definitely has the edge over Sam's, but I'm generally more concerned with my rewards than the card's appearance.)

While i'm not denying 5% gas is better on sam's, but 2% on costco and costco.com is huge for shoppers.

Is 2% on Costco that big of a deal when there's 2% everywhere Visa cards out there, including the Fidelity Visa which could be used at Costco? Just saying on its own the 2% Costco benefit doesn't seem overly special.

I didn't read most of this but samsclub offers 10 dollars back on every 500 spent for their blue card membership, ah, it is called (google sec) Sam's Plus  membership. That is 2% Smiley Happy That is just membership, not including the mastercard stuff. Compare membership prices but i don't want to look that up.

Message 77 of 167
uswala
Senior Contributor

Any guesses on FTF? 

The language used to detail the rewards ("worldwide") makes me think that there might be no FTF? But, I do not remember if "worldwide" was the case with TE as well.

Any inputs?

Message 78 of 167
someg33k
Established Contributor

Wish I had not seen this thread. Now I'm kicing myself for joining BJ's instead of Costco and getting the Amex prior to this conversion. And to rub salt in the wound there is a Costco going in that will be the closest Warehouse club to me. :'(

Message 79 of 167
satasat360
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I didn't read most of this but samsclub offers 10 dollars back on every 500 spent for their blue card membership, ah, it is called (google sec) Sam's Plus  membership. That is 2% Smiley Happy That is just membership, not including the mastercard stuff. Compare membership prices but i don't want to look that up.

same as costco executive membership

Starting Score: 669
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 80 of 167
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.