Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Citi Visa Question

tag
Guinness
Contributor

Costco Citi Visa Question

Hi Everyone

Hoping someone can answer this for me since customer service at Citi is no help..   I share a costco memeber ship with my brother.  He has his own costco visa and I just applied and also got approved for the citi costco visa.  /with the rewards on the card would we each get our own check at the end of the year or will he get the rewards from both cards since it is a shared membership and he is the primary?  I really dont want the rewards all lumped into one check since I do a lot of spend traveling.  Appreciate any feedback.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Costco Citi Visa Question

@Guinness wrote:

Hi Everyone

Hoping someone can answer this for me since customer service at Citi is no help..   I share a costco memeber ship with my brother.  He has his own costco visa and I just applied and also got approved for the citi costco visa.  /with the rewards on the card would we each get our own check at the end of the year or will he get the rewards from both cards since it is a shared membership?  I really dont want the rewards all lumped into one check since I do a lot of spend traveling.  Appreciate any feedback.

Good question, and I have no answer, but isn't your new Citi card your membership card as well? since you both have a citi card now would you both not now have separate memberships? 

Message 2 of 4
Guinness
Contributor

@creditguy wrote:

@Guinness wrote:

Hi Everyone

Hoping someone can answer this for me since customer service at Citi is no help..   I share a costco memeber ship with my brother.  He has his own costco visa and I just applied and also got approved for the citi costco visa.  /with the rewards on the card would we each get our own check at the end of the year or will he get the rewards from both cards since it is a shared membership?  I really dont want the rewards all lumped into one check since I do a lot of spend traveling.  Appreciate any feedback.

Good question, and I have no answer, but isn't your new Citi card your membership card as well? since you both have a citi card now would you both not now have separate memberships? 

I ended up calling Costco and got an answer.  Yes each individual cost visa card holder will get their own cash back even if they share a costco membership.  The only cash back that would go to the primary club member is the 2% cash back for shopping at Costco if you have the executive membership.

Message 3 of 4
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Guinness wrote:

Hi Everyone

Hoping someone can answer this for me since customer service at Citi is no help..   I share a costco memeber ship with my brother.  He has his own costco visa and I just applied and also got approved for the citi costco visa.  /with the rewards on the card would we each get our own check at the end of the year or will he get the rewards from both cards since it is a shared membership and he is the primary?  I really dont want the rewards all lumped into one check since I do a lot of spend traveling.  Appreciate any feedback.

As long as the you're the primary account holder on your own Visa (not the membership, the credit card), you get the card reward. It doesn't matter if you are a Household member or the main account holder on the Costco side. I know this because my mother, who is on my Costco membership, has her own (now VISA, formerly AMEX), as do I, and we have always gotten our separate checks for the credit card reward.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.