Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Citi Visa- Underwriting

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Costco Citi Visa- Underwriting

Congrats Tristate! My wife and I had a BK 2012 DC We recently got the card with a 9.5 CL. Scores in the low 700s

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 31 of 39
babypowder
Established Member

i just got approved with an online app and i had a Chapter 7 BK discharged June 2013 with multiply Citi credit cards burned. approved for $8K my fico scores are EQ 693 TU 678 EX 703
Current Scores (11/24/20):

Credit Cards:
Message 32 of 39
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats baby powder! Very nice approval.  

I don't know which card im to apply for... My choices are

1- Citi Costco

2- Chase Freedoms

3- Navy Rewards

Thanks for your Input, and congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 33 of 39
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I was on the phone yesterday with a senior UW with CITI who told me the official BK policy regarding this card is 2 years post BK compared to 7 years post BK on legacy cards. First time I heard this policy explained in a straight forward manner

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 34 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@morgacj2004 wrote:
I was on the phone yesterday with a senior UW with CITI who told me the official BK policy regarding this card is 2 years post BK compared to 7 years post BK on legacy cards. First time I heard this policy explained in a straight forward manner

Costco is a legacy card of theirs(maybe they have an agreement with costco to consider bk'ers in after 2 years on this card)?... Well not a retail side of citi at least.. Guess it depends what you consider a legacy Citi card.  Such as Best Buy is retail side where Costco/Hilton are legacy side of citi.  Unless you are talking DC/Prestige etc being non-cobranded cards.

Message 35 of 39
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Morgacj2004 :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's really odd morgac... I app'd last year 09/2016 for the same citi costco card and got turned down! Recon'd with their EO twice and same reason, "Absolutely 7 years post my BK7 dc of 01/2011". They pulled my EQ in the low 700s with well established accts. Very low inqs and newly opened accts. Cited the sole and only reason was my BK7 not aged enough! No citi for me 'til 02/2018! Bummer Smiley Sad
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 36 of 39
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:
Morgacj2004 :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's really odd morgac... I app'd last year 09/2016 for the same citi costco card and got turned down! Recon'd with their EO twice and same reason, "Absolutely 7 years post my BK7 dc of 01/2011". They pulled my EQ in the low 700s with well established accts. Very low inqs and newly opened accts. Cited the sole and only reason was my BK7 not aged enough! No citi for me 'til 02/2018! Bummer Smiley Sad

Must be a YMMV thing. There are plenty of people that have reported success with Citi after a bk well within 7 years. Regardless, only one more year to go for you. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:

That's good news - I have a BK dating from the summer/fall of 2014 (discharged in December 2014), so I hit the 2-year mark last December. I just got approved today for a Discover It card (Costco doesn't take Discover, worse luck) so I might need to wait a bit to apply for a Costco Visa but I'm quite interested in it considering I've been a Costco member for years and buy almost all my gas there.

Message 38 of 39
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I was approved with a 767 EX Fico score (from the letter they sent), received it yesterday, 14.9k SL
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.