Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Costco Credit Card

Has anyone applied for the Capital One Costco Credit Card that can only be used at Costco? If so what are approval requirements?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Costco Credit Card

I've seen the logos at the checkouts and the gas pumps but I have never seen anything at the membership desk about it, only the Visa card.  There's not much on Costco's website either.  Wonder if it's even open for applications anymore.

Message 2 of 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

What's the appeal of it? The Citi card offers a lot for a no-extra-fee card.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

...Isn't this for Canada? Costco in the US is Visa only unless it recently changed.. if so, youd think it'd be more talked about....
Message 4 of 8
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

Yes, it is for Canada only.  Before Amex lost Costco in the US, it lost Costco in Canada. Capital One and Mastercard are who Costco signed with.

Message 5 of 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I didn't note when they stopped offering it, but a year or two ago the Costco USA website mentioned some sort of store-only card. I assume it was issued by Capital One and that's what OP is asking about.

Capital One does have the Costco Canada card contract, but I think that's a MC and OP is clearly talking about a card that can only be used at Costco.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 8
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Interested, was going to apply just noticed it's Canada only lol

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 7 of 8
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone applied for the Capital One Costco Credit Card that can only be used at Costco? If so what are approval requirements?

I applied for it in March but was declined for too many inquiries and new accounts. Can't remember what credit report they pulled but the lady at the service desk did not want to let me apply for it... really pushed hard for the Citi VISA but at that time my Citi secured Mastercard had not yet graduated and I didn't think I would get the VISA. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.