Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco True Earnings AMEX

tag
TJNDND
Established Member

Costco True Earnings AMEX

Hi,

I'm fairly new here and looking to apply for the Costco AMEX card with the 0% rate for 6 months.  My Experian is 684, and I have 4 inquiries in the past 3 years, 2 in the last 2 months due to financing a TV and couch for my basement through Wal Mart and Ashley furniture at 0%.

I've heard this is a traditionally harder card to be approved for, so I'm wondering if I should even bother.  My utilization is fairly high, but should be excellent after a $16,000 card I just paid off in full reports.  The issue is that I'm purchasing the laptop as a gift, and need it today for the party tonight. 

I know I should just wait until my utilization is lower, but just wondering if anyone has thoughts....

Thanks in advance!

TJ

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Costco True Earnings AMEX

@TJNDND wrote:

Hi,

I'm fairly new here and looking to apply for the Costco AMEX card with the 0% rate for 6 months.  My Experian is 684, and I have 4 inquiries in the past 3 years, 2 in the last 2 months due to financing a TV and couch for my basement through Wal Mart and Ashley furniture at 0%.

I've heard this is a traditionally harder card to be approved for, so I'm wondering if I should even bother.  My utilization is fairly high, but should be excellent after a $16,000 card I just paid off in full reports.  The issue is that I'm purchasing the laptop as a gift, and need it today for the party tonight. 

I know I should just wait until my utilization is lower, but just wondering if anyone has thoughts....

Thanks in advance!

TJ

Apply in store and you probably have a good chance if no baddies.

Message 2 of 3
k-s
Regular Contributor

Re: Costco True Earnings AMEX

@Creditaddict wrote:

@TJNDND wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

TJ

Apply in store and you probably have a good chance if no baddies.

+1

My boyfriend got his TrueEarnings about 6 months ago with similar scores and inquiries and I got mine with slightly higher scores, but more inquries. Our util at the time of approval was about 20% and about 30% respectively.

EQ MyFICO: 719 - Discover It TU FICO: 749 - EX 728
Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.