Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco True Earnings vs Discover More

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Costco True Earnings vs Discover More

I recently recieved a "pre approval" for the Discover More card. I figured what the heck...went online...applied and was approved with a $3000 CLI. This is my first "real" credit card. I have an Orchard Bank with a 400 CL, and a Target with a 200 CL (can't get any love from them!) I was am so excited about this card. Thanks to this forum..I was able to raise my scores a lot!
Which card is harder to get? I applied for the Amex online yesterday, but it said it would take 2 weeks. Does that mean it was denied? Can I call to find out? I was just wondering if since I got the discover, if I had a better chance at the amex? Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco True Earnings vs Discover More

AMEX has to contact Costco to check your membership and how much you spend there.

Once it is verified you should get an update on the AMEX "Application Status" page.

I also received the 2 week notice but after a week, status was updated and told me to call to verify address.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess I won't have much of a chance then since I just joined Costco yesterday and only spent $153.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO- The Costco Amex is tough to get w/o 700+ scores and low utl-

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.