Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco Visa

@gdale6 wrote:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/909832/000090983215000012/costex10110qa51015.htm

Thanks.  Was just about to post.  This was filed in Feburary, 2015 so apparently the details of the card have been known for a long time.  The rewards structure is listed on page 111.

Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think we already had a post on this hidden in the Costco thread. (About the sec filing and leaning towards how the "rewards" in it are not the actual ones, but the TE rewards structure) or its in another thread. I just remember reading about this.
Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I think we already had a post on this hidden in the Costco thread. (About the sec filing and leaning towards how the "rewards" in it are not the actual ones, but the TE rewards structure) or its in another thread. I just remember reading about this.

Could be.  Time will tell

Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule 4.06(a) (towards the bottom) covers the rewards and corresponds with the 3/2/1 system currently in place and mentioned above.
Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Schedule 4.06(a) (towards the bottom) covers the rewards and corresponds with the 3/2/1 system currently in place and mentioned above.

Ahh, it is good to have counsel on  board to explain the intricacies of such wordingsSmiley Happy. Thanks for the explaination.

Message 15 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Found this information on FT (apparently poster got it from Doctor of Credit) and I havent seen it posted here yet.

The new card(s) due out in April will have these rewards structures:

Personal credit card details

• No annual fee
  • 3% on the first $4,000 of gas, 1% thereafter
  • 2% on travel and at US restaurants
  • 1% on all other purchases including Costco

Business credit card details

• No annual fee
  • 4% on the first $7,000 of gas, 1% thereafter

Thanks for the latest and greatest on this Irish!

Message 16 of 38
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I wonder how they are going to be as far as approving. I would think they would have to relax their standards a little bit per Costco, but I could be wrong. Time will tell once we see in the "approvals" section here, whose getting approved, their scores,baddies etc...Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 38
myjourney
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
I wonder how they are going to be as far as approving. I would think they would have to relax their standards a little bit per Costco, but I could be wrong. Time will tell once we see in the "approvals" section here, whose getting approved, their scores,baddies etc...Smiley Wink

Hup 2 3 4 Smiley Tongue

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 38
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Found this information on FT (apparently poster got it from Doctor of Credit) and I havent seen it posted here yet.

The new card(s) due out in April will have these rewards structures:

Personal credit card details

• No annual fee
  • 3% on the first $4,000 of gas, 1% thereafter

Business credit card details

• No annual fee
  • 4% on the first $7,000 of gas, 1% thereafter

Thanks for posting this Irish! 

I'll be waiting for the official release from Citi before I make any moves on what I want as my Costco card, but if they do introduce this exact same rewards structure as was in place then that is absolutely garbage. A terrible move on Citi's part. They were promising a "new and exciting" rewards program that was going to come out (one that I had hoped would be competitive with the Sam's CC), but this is literally the exact same thing, different issuer.

It poses a question: Unless they offer some kind of sign up bonus that makes it worth while (Say maybe free Executive membership for a year?) I see no incentive for everyone that has an existing TE, to want to undergo the conversion process and possibly deal with a new account showing up on the CRAs, when they could just use an existing VISA, earn the same level or better of rewards for in-warehouse purchases, and save the time and hassle of moving over to Citi.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. QS ftw at Costco.
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.