Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Visa

tag
JBjunior
New Contributor

Re: Costco Visa

They already gave me another card with the same amount.   I don't know if they will give me that much on one card.

Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info Irish. Also read something about this topic today. Basically, the switchover is going to be delayed until summer time. They are having issues with the fact that Citi was supposed to take over Amex's "book", and replace all of the current customer cards while maintaining the open date etc. I can see that being a problem since Amex has been PCing like crazy and it has been a mess for them. 

Anyone that wants additional info can just google "amex costco delay" and find a source that you prefer to read. Just thought it was relevant to this post. Good news for my Amex, since it will get some extra Costco use Smiley Very Happy

Message 32 of 38
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info.  My Costco card will be the Fidelity Rewards Visa with 2% cash back  Smiley Happy  as for the rest of the categories I have other cards that can do better.

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you want to PC your current Amex TrueValue card to Fidelity 2% CB? The Fidelity is a VISA card, right? Or, you want to wait for the transition to Citi and then do the PC to something?

Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you want to PC your current Amex TrueValue card to Fidelity 2% CB? The Fidelity is a VISA card, right? Or, you want to wait for the transition to Citi and then do the PC to something?

Yes it is a visa. The amex fidelity card is discontinued.  

You cannot PC the AMEX TrueEarnings (where did you get TrueValue from?) to any AMEX card.

The above poster was just stating that he/she was going to use the VISA 2% card once Costco transitions to VISA. 

Message 35 of 38
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Citi won't tell you anything, except that it is about two months away from being issued.  I just asked them two days ago.  I was curious about possibly switching my Dividend card to either the DC or Costco card. 

If there is going to be a delay then I think I will be using my Amex card a bit more there.  It is interesting that the BCP card gives better rewards than the Costco Amex...... 

Too bad you can't PC the Sallie Mae card from a MC to a Visa!  That would be handy.

Hmmm.  I wonder if I can PC my Hilton Honors Amex to a Costco card before the switch and then I could get the account transferred to Citi, keep my account history opening date and end up with two options for use at Costco if I change the Dividends to a DC card....?.....   I wonder if Amex will convert the Hilton card?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 36 of 38
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Message 37 of 38
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

You're right Takeshi, nothing.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.