Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco vs Sams

@leo, thats your prerogative. More rewards for me. Smiley Very Happy
Message 41 of 45
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

New Fred Meyer (Kroger) Gas Pumps finally installed here 2 weeks ago.  Filled up today 13+ gallons at $1.99/gal. Used FM reward points for $1.00 off per gallon - on 92 Premium.  Total filled (gas light was on) - $27.  I plan to use the new SM CC for the 5% for FM purchases (by tons of Legos for online store) and gobs of groceries.  Than turn around and save at the pump and get money back again through SM.  Also, receive FM rewards and coupons quarterly.  CaChing! Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LifeSAVERS wrote:

New Fred Meyer (Kroger) Gas Pumps finally installed here 2 weeks ago.  Filled up today 13+ gallons at $1.99/gal. Used FM reward points for $1.00 off per gallon - on 92 Premium.  Total filled (gas light was on) - $27.  I plan to use the new SM CC for the 5% for FM purchases (by tons of Legos for online store) and gobs of groceries.  Than turn around and save at the pump and get money back again through SM.  Also, receive FM rewards and coupons quarterly.  CaChing! Smiley Happy

Sweet.

We aren't really brand loyal when it comes to groceries so this doesn't work out too well besides having the SM.

Message 43 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work in the marketing department at Sam's Club so yes I am biased. We constantly look at the similarity in warehouse clubs but Sam's Club wins in the credit card war by far! Not sure if other warehouse clubs gives incentives when you apply but everyday in December you get $20 off $50. On weekends you get $40 off $100. Along with the launch of the master card in June we added travel deals. (Samsclub.com/travel). Just like the Walmart and Target debate it all comes down to personal preference. Most people are dual members of both clubs. 

Message 44 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I work in the marketing department at Sam's Club so yes I am biased. We constantly look at the similarity in warehouse clubs but Sam's Club wins in the credit card war by far! Not sure if other warehouse clubs gives incentives when you apply but everyday in December you get $20 off $50. On weekends you get $40 off $100. Along with the launch of the master card in June we added travel deals. (Samsclub.com/travel). Just like the Walmart and Target debate it all comes down to personal preference. Most people are dual members of both clubs. 

I'd totally go for it too if I wasn't sure i'd get lumped into tier 2 IF I even got approved for the MC at all. I'd love to bolster my SM's 5% on Gas as I drive 600+ Miles weekly for work.

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.