cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costo Amex....

tag
CapnCrunch

Costo Amex....

I heard that the best way to apply for the Costco Amex is in-store vrs online. But I also heard they let you choose which CR to pull. Is this true? Can someone confirm?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Re: Costo Amex....

In store is the best I know is true because online takes a week or more to even see if your approved b/c of the costco membership. Never heard of such a thing myself about choosing what CR they hit. I'm sure some others will chime in. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 2 of 4
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

In store speeds the process up ba accelerating the membership verification process, but I have never heard of them allowing one to choose which bureau to pull. AFAIK, the costco rep plugs your info into their AmEx connection and AmEx takes it from there.

Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

For what it's worth, AMEX usually pulls Experian ~ although they have been known to occasionally pull others in addition.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.