Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I be blacklisted

tag
etstrong98
New Contributor

Could I be blacklisted

Good Day to all,

I have been wondering about this... I set a goal to get and AMEX by the end of next year, but I have a history with AMEX (no fault of my own). Time for the story....

When I was 16 or so there was apparently a blue card open in my name (had no Idea about it). Found out about it when I was around 19-20 was getting denied for a junk car loan and the dealer told me. I contacted them sent them proof I was under age when the account was open they removed it from my credit. But, since this was a charged off will they hold it against me? I am in no position now to even think about applying but I have been wondering if I and setting a goal I can’t accomplish

FICO EX 811, EQ 821, TU 826
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Could I be blacklisted

@etstrong98 wrote:

Good Day to all,

I have been wondering about this... I set a goal to get and AMEX by the end of next year, but I have a history with AMEX (no fault of my own). Time for the story....

When I was 16 or so there was apparently a blue card open in my name (had no Idea about it). Found out about it when I was around 19-20 was getting denied for a junk car loan and the dealer told me. I contacted them sent them proof I was under age when the account was open they removed it from my credit. But, since this was a charged off will they hold it against me? I am in no position now to even think about applying but I have been wondering if I and setting a goal I can’t accomplish

Erm... did you file a police report with the information?

Only way to find out if you are blacklisted is to apply, If you are blacklisted you may not even have a HP

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 7
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

If your EX report contains the same information as your TU report, you may be in the right range for a charge product approval such as Amex Zync.  IF you aren't blacklisted. Also, Amex is NOT BK friendly.  so you may be wasting your time applying to them

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 7
etstrong98
New Contributor

Yes i believe a police report and my birth Cert was needed for them to correct my report.

Message 4 of 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

They shouldn't hold it against you.  It was Id theft.  Easiest way is to apply and see if you get rejected.  Check credit report to see if they pulled cr.  mostly likely ex.  If not, then you are blacklisted nd will need to jump through some hoops to fix that.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 7
etstrong98
New Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

They shouldn't hold it against you.  It was Id theft.  Easiest way is to apply and see if you get rejected.  Check credit report to see if they pulled cr.  mostly likely ex.  If not, then you are blacklisted nd will need to jump through some hoops to fix that.

If I apply and get denied how long should I wait to reapply? I want to make it a "best case" so I would wait until next month to apply when my utl is 3-6% now its around 40%. I think my BK falls off around April and my original plan as to apply then

Message 6 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Crashem wrote:

+1. YOU didn't default on them, the THIEF did. Since you've filed a report, it shouldn't be held against you. Whether or not Amex has it straightened out in their records, though, is another matter. The only way to find out is to apply and see what happens. If they do show you as blacklisted, contact them and ask that they correct their records. Be prepared to provide them with a copy of the police report.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.