Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I get introuble for this?

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Could I get introuble for this?

@goosedog wrote:

So I read a story a while back about someone who sent HSBC bank a letter everyday for a year straight to one of the CEOs asking for the item to be removed from his credit report stating he learned his lesson, and made mistakes in the past and yada yada yada and he had colletection supervisors call him and ask him to stop sending a letter every day after it got to two months worth of letters. Eventually HSBC deleted the information. Could you get introuble for sending a letter everyday to someone like that for a charged off account from 6 years ago? I am almost tempted to try this and see if it works. That is alot of stamps, probably enough to pay off the DEBT lol.

The only problem with that is HSBC is now owned by CAPITOL ONE.

$160 in stamps is kind of nutty, IMHO...lol...Smiley Tongue

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 11 of 13
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@goosedog wrote:

So I read a story a while back about someone who sent HSBC bank a letter everyday for a year straight to one of the CEOs asking for the item to be removed from his credit report stating he learned his lesson, and made mistakes in the past and yada yada yada and he had colletection supervisors call him and ask him to stop sending a letter every day after it got to two months worth of letters. Eventually HSBC deleted the information. Could you get introuble for sending a letter everyday to someone like that for a charged off account from 6 years ago? I am almost tempted to try this and see if it works. That is alot of stamps, probably enough to pay off the DEBT lol.

The only problem with that is HSBC is now owned by CAPITOL ONE.

$160 in stamps is kind of nutty, IMHO...lol...Smiley Tongue

Might not take a whole year though

Message 12 of 13
Petraeus
Contributor

I don't think its harassment and the worst case is you'll be asked to stop. Get ready to commit because I'm sure it will take a long time!

FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.